Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Disable ANY Roaming Profile AND use only User Profile Disk (Server 2016)

Question

Hello together,

I play around with the target on a Server 2016 to avoid the usage of ANY Roaming Profile (like the Attribute in User Object) and just using the User Profile Disk.

I would like to do the same like the Citrix UPM in their policy to disable any roaming Profile. But I want to use UPD instead UPM.

When I am logon the user generates a Profile Disk but I alway get a Profile issue Popup.

Anyone knows how to reach the goal ? :)

Many Thanks,

Christian

3 answers to this question

The Problem is not to configure UPD thats works fine.

The Problem comes from the User Account in Active Directory. There you find two Pathes to configuring Romaing Profiles (nothing new):

"Terminalserver Profile Path" --> works until 2012R2 fine but skipped for Server 2016

"Profile Path" --> basicly used for Roaming Profiles for local Workstations  but the Server 2016 used it too

Now if the User has configured a Profile Path and logon on the Terminalserver 2016 the Server want to load the Profie and creates the Information Message with an issue on his Profile. On the same logon the Server creates a UPD and works with any issue. Just the Information Message is anoying. And this popup comes through the configuration "Profile Path" in the User Account.

I want to tell the Terminalserver Ignore ANY User Account Configuration about Roaming Profiles.

BR

Chris