Updated Privacy Statement

Workspace iOS app not working, CR01 app does work

Rowen Gunn

Question

Hello!

Since the day iOS Workspace came out and replaced Receiver on the app store our mobile users have no been able to access external Citrix via our Netscaler. The Receiver app worked perfectly and so does the existing CR01 app right now. I've opened a ticket with Citrix support and they have run me around for months on this issue.

I've followed Carl's guide below to verify my session profile is correct https://www.carlstalhood.com/netscaler-gateway-12-ica-proxy/#sessionprofiles and users can log into our services via browser from a desktop, MAC, or even mobile if they use their browser to log into the site. The Workspace app itself doesn't work and there's no obvious reason why. I get an error "Cannot add account" after entering my server FQDN URL, I see the app say verified, and then says Cannot Add Account. Citrix support is NOT helping, does anyone know if there's some sort of trick or new session profile settings I need to make Workspace for iOS work? My users are flipping out because if they update from Receiver to Workspace they loose all mobile Citrix access.

IMG_2218.jpg

8 answers to this question

Found the issue with X1 and Workspace, it appears to be my HTTP profile bound to the gateway. So this lead me to look into my gateway, the HTTP profile was actually the problem with the Workspace app too. I set the HTTP profile back to "default" and Workspace is logging in!

Thanks Carl, your questions helped me fix the issue SAME day I posted while support is still trying to call me hours after I said I was out of the Office.

On 11/21/2018 at 0:54 PM, Rowen Gunn said:

Hello!

Since the day iOS Workspace came out and replaced Receiver on the app store our mobile users have no been able to access external Citrix via our Netscaler. The Receiver app worked perfectly and so does the existing CR01 app right now. I've opened a ticket with Citrix support and they have run me around for months on this issue.

I've followed Carl's guide below to verify my session profile is correct https://www.carlstalhood.com/netscaler-gateway-12-ica-proxy/#sessionprofiles and users can log into our services via browser from a desktop, MAC, or even mobile if they use their browser to log into the site. The Workspace app itself doesn't work and there's no obvious reason why. I get an error "Cannot add account" after entering my server FQDN URL, I see the app say verified, and then says Cannot Add Account. Citrix support is NOT helping, does anyone know if there's some sort of trick or new session profile settings I need to make Workspace for iOS work? My users are flipping out because if they update from Receiver to Workspace they loose all mobile Citrix access.

IMG_2218.jpg

Try the latest CWA 1904 from the Apple Appstore. Reported an issue to Citrix Escalation where CWA for iOS was not working on Netscaler Gateway configured with cookie persistence. CR worked fine on iOS, but we only experienced an issue with CWA for iOS. The symptoms were when the URL was entered it would just exit out of the Citrix Workspace App for iOS.

The issue is now resolved.

Peter

Archived