Welcome to our new Citrix community!

UPM error, mounting search database

Jan Bonne Eringa

Question

On our XenApp environment search isn't working for users when Search index roaming for Outlook is Enabled. In Outlook you get the error message: Instant Search encountered a problem while trying to display search results. Modifying your query may resolve this problem and Something went wrong and your search couldn't be completed.

In the Event Viewer there is this entry:

The Citrix Profile management could not mount search database from 'S-1-5-21-**********************to access point 'C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\Citrix\Search\'.

Error code: '0x80070002':

It looks like the first user that logs in hasn't got an issue, at least the entry in the event viewer doesn't show up. But search isn't working for that user either, there are no results like in my posts https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/399655-outlook-contactsnotescalendar-no-search-results-found/...

Our environment: Windows Server 2016 Standard version 1607, XenApp 7.15.3000.488, UPM version 1808

15 answers to this question

On 1/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, Chris Schrameyer said:

I had the same issue recently, and it had been working.  I restarted the "Server" service on our profile server and it resolved the issue.  Something was junked up with permissions apparently.  Worth a shot.

Thank you, this temporarily works, did you find a permanent fix?

I'm having the same issue on Windows 2016 with O365 as well.  We had this issue in our first attempt at an App Layered OS layer and were never able to fix it.  We created a brand new OS layer and the problem was resolved but now it has come back.  I have a case open with Citrix but all the suggestions they've given me have not worked.  

ulfjohansson could you share the details of your case so that I could get the Hotfix to try out?

On 11/11/2019 at 5:51 PM, Roger Stuart1709157773 said:

I'm having the same issue on Windows 2016 with O365 as well.  We had this issue in our first attempt at an App Layered OS layer and were never able to fix it.  We created a brand new OS layer and the problem was resolved but now it has come back.  I have a case open with Citrix but all the suggestions they've given me have not worked.  

ulfjohansson could you share the details of your case so that I could get the Hotfix to try out?

I got my old case number:

SR # 78928441 - UPM and Outlook search error