Welcome to our new Citrix community!

MacOS 10.14.1 Citrix ICA Client is not Installed

Leo Lanzillo

Question

Clean install of MacOS 10.14.1

Installed Citrix Receiver 12.9.1

Installed Workspace 18.9.0.323

Receiving Error Message: After running HDX_RealTime_Media_Engine_2.6_for_OSX.dmg 

Citrix HDX RealTime Media Engine 2.6.0.2030 requires the Citrix ICA Client to be installed beforehand.

Please install Citrix ICA Client first and then retry the installation.

Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

Phew. I found out why this didn't work. -> File System Case Sensitivity. Which is optional on Mac. I was used to it from Linux and had a problem once because of it NOT being case sensitive (case "tolerant", they call it). So I thought it was a good idea to enable that checkbox. Turns out, it is almost never a good idea to check a non-default checkbox.

Anyhow, the problem can be worked around by fixing the installer, which currently relyes on the case-tolerant behavior:

~ pkgutil --expand /Volumes/HDXRealTimeMediaEngine/Install\ HDXRealTimeMediaEngine.pkg  Install\ HDXRealTimeMediaEngine.pkg                                                  
~ mv Install\ HDXRealTimeMediaEngine.pkg/Scripts/RTMEconfig  Install\ HDXRealTimeMediaEngine.pkg/Scripts/RTMEConfig              
~ pkgutil --flatten Install\ HDXRealTimeMediaEngine.pkg Downloads/Install\ HDXRealTimeMediaEngine_custom.pkg   
~ open Downloads/Install\ HDXRealTimeMediaEngine_custom.pkg

image.thumb.png.be6e2a17129cdb6005b5add2bda4e694.png

image.thumb.png.2d40d6b26f7cd8bd07dd58b3d00136c2.png

Citrix, pleast fix the installer to save the next customer the trouble of drilling down into to this.