Welcome to our new Citrix community!

An unexpected response was received during the authentication process.

All users are internal users. For internal users will connect to F5 switch. from that they will access the When some users (not all the users) are accessing through IE they are getting the "Can't complete your request" error after submitting the username & password. In Chrome For the same users,its working. Only IE they are are getting error.

I have uninstalled all the windows patched with is installed (on that day) on the desktop. As the same user can access via Chrome on their desktop then there is no issue with receiver.

the same user can access this https://FQDN//Citrix/UsersWeb/ & https://ip/Citrix/UsersWeb/ via IE. 

There is no patches installed on SF server on this month.

When I checked in SF server event log I can see this event. May I know how to fix this issue.

Log Name:      Citrix Delivery Services
Source:        Citrix Receiver for Web
Date:          10/26/2018 12:31:00 PM
Event ID:      2
Task Category: (3001)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      SF1.company.com
Description:
An unexpected response was received during the authentication process.
Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication.Exceptions.ExplicitAuthenticationFailure, Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication, Version=3.12.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
General Authentication Failure
ExplicitResult.State: 5
AuthenticationControllerRequestUrl: https://myapps.company.com/Citrix/UsersWeb/ExplicitAuth/LoginAttempt
ActionType: LoginAttempt
   at Citrix.Web.AuthControllers.Controllers.ExplicitAuthController.GetExplicitAuthResult(ActionType type, Dictionary`2 postParams)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I've got the same error on my lab, this usually happens when we configure the same on the Storefront console --> "Manage Authentication Methods >> Username and Password >> Configure Password Validation >> Active Directory"

It is noticed that in my case when the same is set to Validate Passwords via Delivery Controller it is working as expected, issue comes up only when we set it to Active Directory.

In order to come out of this please navigate to -->  "Manage Receiver for Websites >> Configure >> Advanced Settings >> Enable Loopback Communications >> Set it to OnUsingHttp"

Post this restart the IIS from the console & the necessary services related to Storefront. Or you may restart the server if you've an option to & propagate the changes if you've more than one servers on the Server Group.

I hope this helps, thanks! :)