Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Connecting and Working with Citrix Studio Remotely Using PowerShell Command

Kumar One

Question

Hello All,

I'm new to Citrix, I don't have much knowledge on technology and terminologies, my current work scope is limited handling the Application management tasks in Citrix Studio remotely (Working with Application managements, Delivery Groups, Controllers….). I have little bit knowledge in PowerShell scripting (Written few scripts to work related to Sccm Quest AD…). I wanted to extend my knowledge in Citrix and work with PowerShell to handle some repetitive tasks. Just completed the installation of all required PowerShell Snap In’s on remote machine… and struggling to kick Start….

Could someone able to guide me to proper channel, what are the other essential requirements (Port no… any privileges/Access, or any other configurations) to get start with.

Have tested the Citrix Registered Snap-In’s as per following article(https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX222326) and getting below error while trying to get some data ……

Get-BrokerController : Failed to connect to back-end server 'localhost' on port 80 using binding WSHttp. The server may be off-line or may not be

running the appropriate service

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-BrokerController

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-BrokerController], SdkOperationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Citrix.XDPowerShell.Broker.NoServerErrorId,Citrix.Broker.Admin.SDK.GetBrokerControllerCommand

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated...!!

4 answers to this question