Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Chrome Extensions

tony roberts1709152250

Question

We are using Citrix UPM and have down for a quite a while. recently we have deployed some extensions to users for Google Chrome. My question is can you roam just the extensions with a user profile. I have included the extension folder in the AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions  sync folders in UPM and they do right back to the profile store. When the user logs back in the extensions aren't there in Chrome and are loaded again.  Does anyone know if there is anything else that needs to be added to sync folders so the extensions roam.

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

I just wanted to add that we just finished a month log debugging spree with a vendor of a Chrome extension. Turns out if you have mirroring turned on for the extension directory it can cause plugins to fail to install. You need to add !ctx_localappdata!\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\Temp to your "Exclusion list - directories" in order to stop UPM from randomly holding onto a single file from within the CRX file when it is unzipped during installation.

• Like 1
On 5/17/2019 at 9:14 PM, Andrew Fidel1709156478 said:

I just wanted to add that we just finished a month log debugging spree with a vendor of a Chrome extension. Turns out if you have mirroring turned on for the extension directory it can cause plugins to fail to install. You need to add !ctx_localappdata!\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\Temp to your "Exclusion list - directories" in order to stop UPM from randomly holding onto a single file from within the CRX file when it is unzipped during installation.

Thank you for this! That was very nearly a show stopper for us.