Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Apple Mojave - Receiver and Citrix Workspace

Seth Grubman

Question

Since upgrading to Mojave (10.14), both Citrix Receiver and Workspace do not work.  I read elsewhere that Receiver is not compatible with Mojave and hoped that Workspace 18.9 would function, but its just a spinning beach ball.  

Does Workspace need to be upgraded to support Mojave?  If so, how can users formally request this?

Thank you

Seth

14 answers to this question

I am having the same issue with Florida Hospital applications freezing with Mojave and Citrix Workplace 1809. I uninstalled Citrix Workplace 1809 and installed Citrix Receiver 12.9.1 (56) and it no and the freezing problem is gone.  

So the workaround for the moment is to Downgrade to Citrix Receiver 12.9.1 and disable updates. 

Will await a fix for Citrix Workspace before trying it again.

Does not matter which version of receiver or workspace you use, it still hangs as soon as you starts browsing PDF on IE or running anything resource intensive. It defeats the the purpose of  platform independent BYOD VDI solution if citrix does not catch up with VMware horizon platform independent solution.

On 12/17/2018 at 9:22 PM, Tejus Adiga M said:

Hi,

Please upgrade to Citrix Workspace app for mac 1812. We have addressed these issues.

Tejus

The "fix" doesn't work.  App is still frozen.  This is incredibly frustrating.  I just can't believe Citrix doesn't care about this issue.  I can't log on and work on my servers, remote hospitals, it is extremely aggravating.  Please fix this !!

bt

I am a totally non-tech person who has been using Citrix to work remotely for over 5 years.  When I updated to Mojave 10.14 it went crazy. I did a total uninstall and reinstall and it worked a few days till I got a message saying there were updates to Citrix (I figured enough people had mentioned the problem I had they had fixed it.....silly me) so I hit install and got the new Viewer and Workspace.....disaster.  Some days it works some of the time, but not all and others, like today, I can't make it more than 5 minutes before I have to Force Quit and who knows how many hanging sessions I have as sometimes it will open 2 at a time and my screen is a mesh of documents, of course all frozen.  This is making work impossible, to say the least, and all the suggestions in this thread require more knowledge than I have of basic computering; where is the Terminal thingy to insert the string of code above that does but then maybe doesn't fix the problem.  HELPPPPPP!

Not having issues with hanging. However having strange behavior where the app opens into a blank desktop "space". I'm running two monitors and it seems like the app is opening in a "third" monitor space next to my right monitor. See screen shots. If I view spaces with Mission Control, I can see the app desktop. But there's no way for me to access it. Once I click on it, it disappears again. I've tried dragging it another space with no luck.

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 4.26.59 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 4.28.46 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 4.26.23 PM sm.jpg

On 18/12/2018 at 11:22 AM, Tejus Adiga M said:

Hi,

Please upgrade to Citrix Workspace app for mac 1812. We have addressed these issues.

Tejus

Hi Tejus ,

can you kindly advise what can we do about this?  I cannot connect to my workspace at all since Mojave, once or twice I managed to get through but like all other users, it was really painfully slow.  Any solution to this problem? Is there an update somewhere I'm missing?

Thank you , hs