Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Michael Wheaton

Question

I am using Mojave 10.14.  With recent upgrade to Workspace App when I connect to corporate applications, I get a beach ball pause that will only resolve if I switch via gesture to a different Mac application and then back to the Citrix window.  Downgraded to older Citrix Receiver app 12.9 and no issues with pause.  There are two other posts with similar observations.  Any solutions other than downgrade?

Michael Wheaton

11 answers to this question

It has improved substantially, yes. However, I'm still noticing weird typing/cursor focus issues in certain dialog boxes, for example when using Remote Desktop to connect to another machine. Typing remote computer name the cursor loses and regains focus, in the process selecting all characters in box (or at least that's how it seems to transpire).

• Like 1

I had the same issue (Mac would freeze up after just a couple clicks and then after some time it would start working again). I also tried the recommended fix above and it seems to have fixed the freezing issue. However, I immediately started seeing some rendering issues. See attached image. You'll see two emails that look identical. The email on the right was the real email and the one on the left was a ghost image. Whatever I did to the right image updated the left one as well. Once I sent the email message, both went away.

(P.S. I never had any of these issues with the Citrix Received for Mac - this new Workspace app appears to be far more buggy than the Receiver)

Screenshot 2018-10-21 21.14.40.png

I am getting beachball pauses on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 with Citrix Workspace 2006.

The beachball pauses happen when the remote computer is displaying graphical animations such as :

- animated Gif files such as the one displayed on https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/03/the-hypnotic-animated-gifs-of-david-szakaly/

- video of people in zoom calls

- recycle sign inside java application

My computer has 2 monitors, the monitor of the Macbook Air and a Dell U2718Q 27.5 inches 3840 * 2160  4k monitor.

Also the Citrix Receiver process uses a lot of CPU.

% ps -ef | grep Citrix

501  1401     1   0  2:38PM ??        59:06.04 /Library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/Citrix Viewer.app/Contents/MacOS/Citrix Viewer

501  3152   728   0  6:05PM ttys002    0:00.02 grep Citrix

% date

Fri Jun 26 18:05:05 EDT 2020

In 3 hours 30 minutes Citrix Viewer has used nearly one hour of CPU. This is extreme and sometimes it is even worse.

Including a sample file too.

Sample of Citrix Viewer.txt

Edited by antoinecitrix
adding more information