Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Nutanix AHV information not available in Director

SIVARAMAN KANNAN

Question

Hi,

Greetings!

After installing  'NutanixAHV_Citrix_Director_Plugin' in the Director server, we are unable to see the hypervisor details/status in the Director page. We have updated the 'Nutanix Connection Configuration' with AHV cluster details and it was successful.

The ID which we used for connection has permission to create/delete VM's in Nutanix AHV.

Could anyone guide me on this issue? Please find the details and screenshots below:

Nutanix Version 5.5.5

Director 7.15.2000 Build 225

Citrix XA and XD 7.15.2000 LTSR

Thank you!

Director.PNG

NutanixVMStats.PNG

8 answers to this question

we resolved this on a recent project

Make sure the local account you create in Nutanix has no roles assigned to it - it must specifically have no roles, thus making it read only

We also had issues with permissions on this file "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Director\plugin\nutanixConnectionFile.txt" on each Director Server - for some reason we couldn't write to it and had to specifically add permissions. once we did that, and assigned the local account with no role, Data started to flow. The file permissions issue didn't show until you tried to change the credentials for the connector FYI

Hi,

Just to let you know that my issue. From the Nutanix Support: 

==============================

We have identified that the API call sent to fetch the VM info is returning null value. It seems the API format is incorrect or AOS 5.10.x is unable to understand the current API.

This will require a fix from both plugin and AOS or any one of those sides (Still not clear on that point). Fix will be integrated in next release and unfortunately I do not have any tentative date.

==============================

Regards

Further to James' mention about a viewer only account, we didn't have to assign any permissions, however, we had to run "Citrix_Director_Connection.exe" as administrator.

This is connecting to Prism Version 5.10.5 LTS (not Prism Central)

NutanixAHV_Citrix_Director_Plugin_Installer.msi - v1.1.1.0 - released Dec 20, 2018

Hi, 

Has anyone confirmed a fix for this issue? I don't think I have ever seen this work across all versions.

I'm currently running; 

5.10.7 LTS

XD 7.15CU5

Nutanix AHV Plug-In for Citrix Director 1.1.1.0.

I've;

got a local viewer account on both of my clusters

run Citrix_Director_Connection as administrator

added cluster IP

no issues with writing to the nutanixConnectionFile.txt file

Regards,

Alex 

Hi Alex,

I have opend a case few month ago and you will find below the Nutanix support answer.

Engineering team has identified the issue and it is fixed in AOS 5.10.4 which is scheduled to be released by mid-May 2019.

Please let me know how do you want me to proceed with this case until then.

https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Release-Notes-Acr-v5_10_4:AOS-resolved-issues-r.html

Citrix Integration

ENG-214809You might not be able to see Nutanix VM statistics on Citrix Director on clusters running AOS 5.10.x.

I confirm that it fixes my issue.

Regards

45 minutes ago, Julien DESTOMBES1709158802 said:

Hi Alex,

I have opend a case few month ago and you will find below the Nutanix support answer.

Engineering team has identified the issue and it is fixed in AOS 5.10.4 which is scheduled to be released by mid-May 2019.

Please let me know how do you want me to proceed with this case until then.

https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Release-Notes-Acr-v5_10_4:AOS-resolved-issues-r.html

Citrix Integration

ENG-214809You might not be able to see Nutanix VM statistics on Citrix Director on clusters running AOS 5.10.x.

I confirm that it fixes my issue.

Regards

Hi Julien,

I've just noticed that it is working, but it only seems to work if running in a local browser on the Director server (localhost address), but not the DNS address - works over http, but https (local or not). 

Also, If I use a browser on my local machine, I do not get the stats. Is this normal operation? 

Regards

EDIT:

Please ignore all of the above. I have created a second Director server for a new cluster and this works as expected. I will replicate my build on the existing Director server to resolve any issues.