Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Taskbar icons double on start

Question

10 answers to this question

I have had similar experiences and am not quite sure why this happens. Have had customers try a range of wem cleanup settings to try and clear the duplicates with varied success. 

Personally, I've started to go back to start menu layout xml files to control these areas as and when needed - results are more consistent (could toy around with UPM exclusions which might help if you wanted to keep using WEM to do this - but haven't delved into it)

• Like 1

Thanks, James. It's a pity that such basic function are not working smoothly in 2018... That's user experience which all the companies set on their flag, but it's lacking here...

So you have a working way for the start menu with fixed and user-interactable regions?

Another thing is, that a right click on, e.g. Excel, doesn't show the recent files all times, but with Word it does...

I have the same issue - seems only to be the Office 365 applications. Tried with other installed applications without any problems

If I pin an Outlook Start menu shortcut created from WEM to taskbar and start up Outlook, I have two icons on the taskbar. If I accidentally click on the pinned icon, I get one more Outlook process running.

image.thumb.png.15069f1e946ae68da226af853daae973.png

If I remove the pinned shortcut and then pin the running Outlook to taskbar, then it is working fine.

Hi,

I found a workarround to this issue. When the icon is pinned, I copy a fake icon from:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Excel.lnk

to

%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\ExcelFake.lnk

This solve the problem. I don't know why because the two shortcuts seems identicals but it works (except for Outlook).

Regards

On 12/21/2018 at 2:14 PM, Torsten Thomsen said:

I have the same issue - seems only to be the Office 365 applications. Tried with other installed applications without any problems

If I pin an Outlook Start menu shortcut created from WEM to taskbar and start up Outlook, I have two icons on the taskbar. If I accidentally click on the pinned icon, I get one more Outlook process running.

If I remove the pinned shortcut and then pin the running Outlook to taskbar, then it is working fine.

We have the same Problem on W10 21H2 with WEM 2206 - di you have a solutions for this or a workaround?

regards Robert

On 12/21/2018 at 1:14 PM, Torsten Thomsen said:

Did you ever solve this? I'm experiencing the same issue with Office 365 apps in my own environment