Welcome to our new Citrix community!

How to launch the Settings app on XenApp (ms-settings:)

MBi

Question

Hello,

We use XenApp 7.15 LTSR and Windows 2016 to publish applications.

Some users want to change the layout of Windows (for example, use the classic Windows theme).

If we publish Settings from Start menu we have access to the old Control panel that does not have display settings anymore.

So we want to publish "ms-settings:" . We tried from a batch file but it seems XenApp is not able to redirect the display of ms-settings as we get a timout error.

So how to publish Windows 2016 settings control to end users?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

We had the same issue, but we were trying to use it to invoke the Default Apps for employees to set their own default browser.  I ended up having to create a ticket with Citrix Support.  They were able to replicate the issue.  It's just not possible to do in a seamless XenApp session.  I don't know if there were any plans to include the functionality or not in further CR or LTSR versions. :(

• Like 1
On 10/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, Genessy Brusseau said:

We had the same issue, but we were trying to use it to invoke the Default Apps for employees to set their own default browser.  I ended up having to create a ticket with Citrix Support.  They were able to replicate the issue.  It's just not possible to do in a seamless XenApp session.  I don't know if there were any plans to include the functionality or not in further CR or LTSR versions. :(

are there any updates on this? the problem still exists in 7.15 CU4 :(

4 minutes ago, Beat Buser1709156910 said:

are there any updates on this? the problem still exists in 7.15 CU4 :( 

Unfortunately, I haven't heard but I also haven't asked.  I will try and remember to ask during our monthly TAM meeting if this has been addressed in the CR versions and whether it will be implemented in the next LTSR.