Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Workspace App and netscaler otp auth

Thomas Braukmann1709153283

Question

Hi all,

at the moment I use the Netscaler with otp purely over the web, is it now also possible to get an authentication with the new Workspace App ?
When configuring the Workspace App, it offers me a username / password and passcode, after entering it, unfortunately the login is forbidden.

So I ask myself if the Workspace App supports OTP logins or not?

Thank you and greetings
Thomas

5 answers to this question

Ok guys, I just found this:

Workspace app 1809 and newer with Citrix Gateway (NetScaler) 12.1 build 49 and newer support nFactor authentication. Older Receivers and older NetScalers don’t support nFactor, so you’ll instead have to use a web browser. 

You can read it in this article under the Overview section: https://www.carlstalhood.com/nfactor-authentication-for-netscaler-gateway-12/#overview

So apparently nFactor is still not supported unless you have NetScaler 12.1 build 49 and newer, along with Citrix Workspace App version 18.0.9 and later.

Someone got this working? Trying with NS 12.1.49 and Workspace App 1812.

AAADebug is saying: "Username is coming in invalid format".

Web Browser is working flawless. Looks like the username is not getting transfered correctly from the WorkSpace App for the next factor.

Setup:

AAA-Server --> Login with Username and Password (First Factor)

Enter NativeOTP or SMS(RADIUS) (Second Factor)

On 9.1.2019 at 11:00 AM, Julian Mooren1709156280 said:

Someone got this working? Trying with NS 12.1.49 and Workspace App 1812.

AAADebug is saying: "Username is coming in invalid format".

Web Browser is working flawless. Looks like the username is not getting transfered correctly from the WorkSpace App for the next factor.

Setup:

AAA-Server --> Login with Username and Password (First Factor)

Enter NativeOTP or SMS(RADIUS) (Second Factor)

Similar here. First Factor is Usercert + LDAP, if no cert is present, LDAP + RADIUS. Web Browser is working, but I think the statement "Workspace app 1809 and newer with Citrix Gateway (NetScaler) 12.1 build 49 and newer support nFactor authentication..." does NOT contain certbased auth.

Anybody got some details about which nfactor adv auth policies is the native workspace app supporting, really?

Thanks and Regards

Julian