Welcome to our new Citrix community!

UPM - Policies not applying

Dogukan Oumlzdemir

Question

Heyho,

I'm having problems with profile management. To be precise my problem is that the exclusion list and "directories to syncronize" are not working.

VDA: 7.18 Studio(and all components): 7.15

1. I got the line "AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook" in the directories to synronize policy. Still C:\users\USER\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook is not being syncronized with the profileserver

2. I got the lines

AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache
AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache.old
AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\IECompatCache
AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\IECompatCUaCache
AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies

in the exclusion list and they are still being syncronized by UPM. Can anyone tell me whats the problem here? I attach all relevant lists to the post .

For me it seems like my profile management policies are not having any effect.

eclusion list.txt

dirs to sync.txt

eclusion list.txt

exclusion files.txt

files to sync.txt

The logfile is telling me:

2018-09-07;08:02:31.231;INFORMATION;;;;3068;ReadPolicy: Configuration value SyncDirList is configured neither in policy nor in INI file. Using an empty list.
2018-09-07;08:02:31.231;INFORMATION;;;;3068;ReadPolicy: Configuration value SyncFileList is configured neither in policy nor in INI file. Using an empty list.
2018-09-07;08:02:31.231;INFORMATION;;;;3068;ReadPolicy: Configuration value SyncExclusionListDir is configured neither in policy nor in INI file. Using an empty list.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Studio? Or GPO?

Check HKLM\Software\Policies\Citrix\UserProfileManager to verify that the policies applied.

Hi Carl

I am using Studio for this policy.

I also tested it with a GPO policy with the same result.

I can see some Definitions under UserProfileManagerHDX. Screenshot attached.

If i change the policy (remove all SyncDirList for example) and run gpupdate /force with administrator privileges the registry values dont change.

edit: I tried the following:

1. disable studio policy for UPM

2. deleted the HKLM element for "SyncDirList"

3. gpupdate /force on client

result=> r"SyncDirList" is there again.. so it seems like there's a policy somewhere else providing UPM settings.

but even if this is true, that doesnt explain why i get these errors in upm logging :

2018-09-07;08:02:31.231;INFORMATION;;;;3068;ReadPolicy: Configuration value SyncDirList is configured neither in policy nor in INI file. Using an empty list.
2018-09-07;08:02:31.231;INFORMATION;;;;3068;ReadPolicy: Configuration value SyncFileList is configured neither in policy nor in INI file. Using an empty list.
2018-09-07;08:02:31.231;INFORMATION;;;;3068;ReadPolicy: Configuration value SyncExclusionListDir is configured neither in policy nor in INI file. Using an empty list.

userprofilehdx_registry.PNG

Is anyone having an answer? 

Attached my UPM Logfile...

My gpo policies are applying to the machine and I can look them up under KLM\Software\Policies\Citrix\UserProfileManagerHDX but The UPM log says

2018-09-12;17:25:53.308;INFORMATION;;;;2488;ReadPolicy: Configuration value SyncExclusionListDir is configured neither in policy nor in INI file. Using an empty list.
2018-09-12;17:25:53.308;INFORMATION;;;;2488;ReadPolicy: INI file DefaultSyncExclusionListDir enabled. Reading list values...

Thank you so much !

domain.lokal#SIN-CITRIXSH-09_pm.log