Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM Logon Script

Mustafa GOKCELIK

Question

Hi everyone,

ı m new Citrix ı m trying to understand about WEM. I wonder that WEM has a logon script? 

I want execute a script during logon with WEM agent. I could not see any settings about this on WEM.

For example a script which create a directory on File Server during logon.Is that possible or ı should do it with GPO ?

9 answers to this question

But"external tasks" not working during user logon , they are working after user logon. WEM is executing automatically after user logon and "external tasks" working after that.

I use "File System Operations" and "Network Drives" action type. I need a map drive but this map depends on whether or not a folder on File Server. Because of that "File System Operations" action type must work first and then "Network Drives" action type must work. I tried it but first "Network Drives" is working and then "File System Operations" action type is working and so map is not created on VDI machine.

ah i see, order of processing is network drives -> File System Ops -> External tasks..... (there are other other things, but for your scenario this is relevant)

For your scenario, i guess it makes sense to create the file via GPP as that will apply during logon, and then use WEM to process everything else post logon

Sorry, to bump an old thread (but I was referencing the information for something else I was working on when I found this thread in the first place and thought others might need the additional blogs too).

James' link to the article was broken, here's the current link:  https://www.mycugc.org/blogs/cugc-blogs/2017/11/30/wem-advanced-guidance-part-1

and part 2:  https://www.mycugc.org/blogs/cugc-blogs/2018/01/04/wem-advanced-guidancepart-2-user-interaction