Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Use command line to log off user from their published desktop/apps

Kevin Eaton1709159983

Question

I've been trying to see if it's possible to run a command line (with switch) to log a user off from their desktop.  This needs to be ran locally on the end-user fat client (not from within their published desktop).

I've had quick search and found Citrix self service plugin (SSP) that I thought might help as it offers command line options like 

SelfService.exe –logoff

but when I ran this from a command line, nothing happened - no errors or anything.

Ultimately, I'm after a way for the end-user to from outside their published desktop (ie on their fat client) to click on a shortcut on their desktop that would log them out gracefully from any citrix apps/desktops they have open.

I looked at citrixreceiver command line options but they're about installing citrix.

Thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

We are using an older version of receiver, 4.7, so just upgraded to latest (4.12) and neither SelfService.exe –logoffSessions   or   SelfService.exe –logoff   do anything from a dos prompt (either elevated or not).  I waited a good 5 mins between trying each command.  No error message was returned from using that command that would indicate it came across an issue.