Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Agent Error Code 87

Question

Hello,

installed Citrix WEM Agent 4.7 on Windows Server 2016 VDA, XD 7.15 LTSR CU2 environment.

During my tests the eventlogs on VDA show no errors.

After I enable CPU Management, CPU Spike Protection, 49% (2 vCPUs), Intelligent CPU & I/O Optimization nothing else,

the eventlog displays multiple entrys about error code 87. 

Whats exactly does it mean?

Thanks for a reply!

Kind regards

Timo

Image 001.png

Image 002.png

Image 4.png

18 answers to this question

Sometimes WEM cannot touch specific processes (things like AV can protect against WEM)

ensure that you have your AV configured with the appropriate WEM exemptions, and also keep in mind that there are often processes you might want to exempt WEM from touching anyway, in this case the PVD process might be one you want to leave alone (i haven't see this specific process being hit by WEM in the past)

• Like 1

James, I'm seeing the same behavior, but in our case we already had Spike Protection enabled with a few 3rd party exceptions.  Most of the processes that now throw this error are Microsoft or Citrix processes that fire during user logon, and we didn't previously have them defined in any CPU management features.  My understanding is that WEM is supposed to automatically exclude these processes, and these errors only started after I upgraded the agent to 4.7.

I apologize for the slow response to this. I did get the a private hotfix LD0179. It seems to have fixed some of the errors, but there are other errors still happening. I have been on vacation for a while and wanted to review what was going on before I said too much publicly. :)

I am waiting to hear back from support on my case now to discuss the errors that are still happening, but I believe the applying the hotfix is a good thing as the errors being seen don't seem to be related at this point. 

15 hours ago, Dennis Parker said:

I apologize for the slow response to this. I did get the a private hotfix LD0179. It seems to have fixed some of the errors, but there are other errors still happening. I have been on vacation for a while and wanted to review what was going on before I said too much publicly. :)

I am waiting to hear back from support on my case now to discuss the errors that are still happening, but I believe the applying the hotfix is a good thing as the errors being seen don't seem to be related at this point. 

Thanks for the Update. Do you have errors only for CTXPVD process only ? or almost every process?

I have tons of errors with same error code with almost all process. I am currently on WEM 4.7 and wonder why the fix ins't made public if it is a know issue.

I have had errors since upgrading to 4.7 (which are not present on another instance at 4.5), I was seeing 'Sequence contains no elements' so raised a support incident and received private fix LD0328 which seems to have stopped the errors in the event log on the infrastructure server.  I am still seeing errors on my VDA's (all similar to) 'Error While Changing Io Priority to High for Process: eventvwr (26272)'  When I get back to Citrix Support tomorrow I will also bring this up with them.  I'll also mention private fix LD0179.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Error changing process.png

You are most certainly going to want LD0179. I will probably want to get LD0328. Thanks for that information. The errors were annoying, but I had/have higher priority issues so haven't gotten the required logs to Citrix for the issues, so they closed my tickets. I haven't re-opened them. Since I don't do any really critical with WEM, and the errors weren't that major I couldn't justify the time gathering all of the logs they keep requesting. I understand why they need them though.

For now, I will just wait for 4.8 to hopefully include the fixes and see what breaks next.