Welcome to our new Citrix community!

UPM not working after VDA upgrade to 7.15 CU2

David Peck

Question

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading our farm to 7.15 LTSR CU2, from 7.6, and are rolling out the VDA upgrades ahead of the infrastructure.

UPM stops working after the upgrade and users are complaining they are missing favourites, etc.

I have checked the logs and can see that the policy is getting read as the profile store location is being read correctly and file/folder exclusion and inclusion settings seem to be read from the policy as well. 

What am i missing?

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Anyone?

To add some more meat to the bones, the majority of our VDAs are 7.6.300.7020 (UPM 5.3.0) and we are having to first upgrade to 7.6 LTSR CU5 before the upgrade to 7.15 LTSR CU2 will work correctly. Is there some change to UPM functionality between those versions that would stop 7.15 UPM reading profiles that 5.3.0 is quite happy with?

Thanks

Hello!

We have the same problem, Policy sett in Citrix Studio for 7.15 CU1 works but the same policy for VDA:s with 7.15 CU2 don't work.

I have checked HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Citrix\UserProfileManagerHDX and all is fine there.

Removing ini file from Master VDA right now. Before downgrading Agent or upgrading UPM.

Will be back with result.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:26 PM, sdreiling2 said:

Same issues here. (Server 2016)

7.15.3000 UPM does not work.

We made and upgrade and clean install - no difference.

Update:

It was a mistake from our side (missing policy) - seems like it is working now.

Hi, have the same error. What policy needs to be changed?

Thanks!

Archived