Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ERROR: Maximum number of tagged VLANs bound to the interface exceeded or the binding of this VLAN is not allowed on the interface.

Rob Dauman

Hello,

I just added 4 new VLANs to 2 different VPXs and was successful on 1 VPX; however, for the other, I got the following error message:

ERROR: Maximum number of tagged VLANs bound to the interface exceeded or the binding of this VLAN is not allowed on the interface.

There are only a handful (less than 20) VLANs on each VPX and the config is the same for each: I am binding the VLAN with -ifnum LA/1 -tagged.

The VPXs are identical in configuration and code, so I can't understand why it works on one and not another.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Some further information....I discovered this morning the issue is isolated to BOTH instances on 1 SDX running 11.1 56.15; indeed, I can add a vlan and bind it to an IP but when I run the "bind vlan [vlan #] -ifnum LA/1 -tagged" command it produces the error "ERROR: Maximum number of tagged VLANs bound to the interface exceeded or the binding of this VLAN is not allowed on the interface." I have another SDX running 11.1 56.15 with 2 VPX instances and I could add vlan, bind to IP and bind to LA/1 - tagged with no problem. So, there seems to be something different on the SDX causing this.

• 1 year later...

SDX11.1.54.14

Same problem for us.  Vlan filter not activated but

bind vlan 3284 -ifnum LA/1 -tagged ERROR: Maximum number of tagged VLANs bound to the interface exceeded or the binding of this VLAN is not allowed on the interface.

We tried with nothing in LA/1(LACP)  I mean no vlan.  And we tried with vlan 2 - 4094

But no solution at this moment . It doesn't work, we couldn t bond à new vlan.

Vlan filter not activated

That is bothering

A Solution ?

3Capture.JPG

1Capture.JPG

We ve got 67 vlan  but Vlan Filter seem to be activated. 

I read CAUSE 2:

Check if VLAN filtering is enabled for the interface

If VLAN filtering is enabled on an interface, a limited number of tagged VLANs can be used on that interface (63 tagged VLANs on a 10G interface and 32 tagged VLANs on a 1G interface).

But i already got 67 vlan . So it could not be that ?  Right ?

4Capture.JPG

• 3 years later...
On 7/26/2018 at 9:37 AM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Is VLAN filtering enabled on SDX? System > Interfaces. That feature limits the number of VLANs.

In my case it is enabled and I am receiving this error. However, I am no where near the VLAN limit. There is only one VLAN right now and this error is occurring when I try to add the 2nd VLAN.