Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Director slow to load after login

Cindy Vickers

Question

Our helpdesk are complaining it can take at least 2 minutes for Director to load after logging in.  I have tested this from a desktop or the actual Director servers and have the same issue.

Our Director connects to two sites.  Both sites are in the same production domain

We have two director servers.  Both have the same issue.   

If Director is loaded in one browser and a new browser is launched for Director it loads immediately.

I have tried Solution 1 in this document but I'm not sure if it is relevant to our environment (I'm not a website/IIS expert) and it didn't seem to make any difference.  The document says Director home page never launches but ours does, it is just slow

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX202564

1.  Edit the Citrix Director web.config file:

<system.serviceModel> <serviceHostingEnvironment multipleSiteBindingEnabled="true" aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" >

For Solution 2 I wasn't sure if this was relevant to our environment so I haven't tried it.  This is how our custom header looks:

<httpProtocol>
      <customHeaders>
        <add name="X-Frame-Options" value="SAMEORIGIN" />
      </customHeaders>

I have also attached Error events I'm seeing on the Director servers but can't find much on this error.

Thanks!

Director.PNG

Director1.PNG

6 answers to this question

I see, that's not even under support by Citrix presently. Although I can understand it would be a little bit of an undertaking but it would be important even from a support standpoint to get upgraded to at least the current LTSR version which is 7.15 and observe if this issue has disappeared. The error leads me to believe it may be a Delivery Controller issue. Would you have the ability to install DIrector 7.15 CU2 on a third server and point it to your Delivery Controllers and observe if there's been any improvement? Might help narrow down the culprit.

I haven't tried with that version disparity but generally in an upgrade cycle Director is suggested to be upgraded before the XDCs. Ref: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-15-ltsr/upgrade-migrate/upgrade.htmlThere should be a reasonable level of backward compatibility to XDCs and VDAs but again, haven't tried those exact combos. Director is generally just pulling data points from XDC monitoring databases and realtime VDA metrics.

I had the same problem for years and have been watching this thread to see if we could ever find a fix, but I found a fix yesterday:

We loaded and configured the Citrix Application Delivery Management appliance and now, Director opens in less than 2 seconds.

Boring details:

Citrix (and Director) 1912 CU1

ADC / NetScaler NS12.1 57.18.nc

ADM 12.1 57.18