Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Update 7.5 from 7.3

Dawid Bugara1709158717

Question

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Alan Lantz said:

Just to make sure I understand it supports an upgrade via ISO from 7.3 or 7.4 to 7.5, but for the hotfix update method you can only go 7.4 to 7.5, right ?

--Alan--

No , You can use the Hotfix ISO of 7.5 and upgrade from 7.3 to 7.5  

1 hour ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

Apparently you use the ISO update to go from 7.3 or 7.4 to 7.5, but the regular installer to go from earlier XS versions to 7.5. Curious.  How would you be able to back out again of a 7.3 or 7.4 installation if you just applied the "hotfix" ISO update???

-=Tobias

Capture.JPG

Have not tried how that works , but the usual caveats of a hotfix or an upgrade should apply I guess

• Like 1

Hi....

First off, you need to update your XenCenter to the version that is bundled with XS 7.5 and can be downloaded and installed separately. Always make sure the version of XenCenter you are running is at least the version of the newest XS you are running and always before you run an update.

As to just running the quick "patch" update, that I believe only works if going from 7.4 to 7.5, not from lower version, so you'll have to do a full update.

-=Tobias

I'm thinking the same thing. The hotfix method only works for the prior release. If you were on 7.4 you could hotfix to 7.5. Since you are still on 7.3 you will need to use the full ISO and do an upgrade from it.  As new releases come out Citrix makes previous ones unavailable. Its a forced upgrade, but that the price you pay for running free.  Its a fair trade in my opinion. 

--Alan--

Thank you guys for help. It is exatly like Boby John wrote. It is not possible to hotfix from "download upgrade or a newer version from Citrrix" but you can use below "Select update or supplemental pack from disk" and attach ISO update. Not full iso as Alan wrote.

The update has been installed automatically and Xen was correctly updated from 7.3 to 7.5.