Jump to content
Welcome to our new Citrix community!
  • 0

XenDesktop 7.15 logoff: Connection interrupted


Vikram Raole

Question

Hi,

 

When we logoff from XenDesktop after logging off there is a blank desktop and a message that the connection was interrupted and desktop viewer is not getting closed automatically where it just should close the desktop viewer.

 

XenDesktop Destop VDA 7.15 LTSR

Desktop VDA fix (limited access)

 

Any idea what might cause this?

Link to comment

20 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

What OS?

 

Have you seen https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX221206 ?

Hi Carl,

 

Thanks for response, below are two scenarios which we are working with;

 

Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 and Windows 10 1803 enterprise 64 bit based VDI environment

 

Also i have attached the snapshot with reference to the suggested Citrix KB article however not verified with disabling the filter drivers. The command which needs to execute as below as per my understanding from the blog...sc config "sftredir" Start= disabled also not sure as of now what would be impact of execution of this command inline with rest filter drivers??

 

Any additional information would be helpful.

 

Warm Regards,

Crackvik

Win7_FlTMC_RESULT.JPG

Link to comment
  • 0

We had the same issue and managed to solve it after disabling vsepflt and vnetflt using the commands below;

 

sc config "vnetflt" Start= disabled

sc config "vsepflt" Start= disabled

 

I can see that VMware vShield filter driver (vsepflt) is an integral part of your image, as it was in our case. Make sure to reboot the virtual machine before giving it another try.

Link to comment
  • 0
6 hours ago, Bertug Demir1709155795 said:

We had the same issue and managed to solve it after disabling vsepflt and vnetflt using the commands below;

 

sc config "vnetflt" Start= disabled

sc config "vsepflt" Start= disabled

 

I can see that VMware vShield filter driver (vsepflt) is an integral part of your image, as it was in our case. Make sure to reboot the virtual machine before giving it another try.

Thanks for response bdemir103 

 

Moved ahead with suggestion, have tried disabling vsepflt using mentioned command however no luck then gone through quick KB from Carl Stalhood and did quick removal of complete VMware tools and re-installed excluding SVGA drivers followed by installing VDA 7.15 LTSR + Citrix receiver 4.9 LTSR + VDA hotfix (limited access one) + HDX Realtime media engine plug-in for citrix receiver and rebooted the machine.

 

In next go it worked the expected way post logoff action desktop viewer got closed automatically within 5 seconds and things are now back to normal.

 

Thank you and specially to Carl Stalhood for making his knowledge website with full of guidelines which always works :-).

Link to comment
  • 0
On 7/6/2018 at 6:45 AM, Vikram Raole said:

Thanks for response bdemir103 

 

Moved ahead with suggestion, have tried disabling vsepflt using mentioned command however no luck then gone through quick KB from Carl Stalhood and did quick removal of complete VMware tools and re-installed excluding SVGA drivers followed by installing VDA 7.15 LTSR + Citrix receiver 4.9 LTSR + VDA hotfix (limited access one) + HDX Realtime media engine plug-in for citrix receiver and rebooted the machine.

 

In next go it worked the expected way post logoff action desktop viewer got closed automatically within 5 seconds and things are now back to normal.

 

Thank you and specially to Carl Stalhood for making his knowledge website with full of guidelines which always works :-).

Do you mind linking the KB article you used to exclude the SVGA drivers?

Link to comment
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Anthony McCloat1709157034 said:

Hi all,

I am also having this issue.

 

Occurs on both 7.15 CU2 and CU3.

OS is Windows 7.

Disabled both

sc config "vnetflt" Start= disabled

sc config "vsepflt" Start= disabled

 

and installed VMware tools with out SVGA component.

Any one else still experiencing this issue?

 

Hi,

 

Not sure have you tried this, what can be done in Windows 7 case remove the complete VMware tools from the master then reboot once and again install VMware tools with custom installation option excluding SVGA drivers and NSX File Introspection named drivers and further go for normal master build work and verify the behavior on provisioned VDI's

 

Hope this will help.

Link to comment
  • 0
1 minute ago, Anthony McCloat1709157034 said:

I will try this.

As I use PVS this will require a reverse image to remove and re-install Vmware tools

 

What method are you going to follow, do you have any link for my reference? Would like to know more around PVS image reverse specifically for VMware tools upgrade or re-installion if needed in future.

Link to comment
  • 0
Just now, Vikram Raole said:

 

What method are you going to follow, do you have any link for my reference? Would like to know more around PVS image reverse specifically for VMware tools upgrade or re-installion if needed in future.

As I use VMware V2V converter to get this work done and power off older VM at Vmware levels not sure are you doing the same or is there anything specific you are aware and following which may be alternate for the one which I mentioned.

Link to comment
  • 0
7 minutes ago, Anthony McCloat1709157034 said:

I complete steps along this method. https://pvsguy.com/tag/reverse-imaging/

 

 

 

Thanks for pointer, slightly away from this topic discussion however also would like to know when re-capture disk happens that time the re-captured disk will be having all applications at same version level with updated VMware tools version or do we need to again ask application team to build or deploy their application/s to the latest version levels to match the so called production version in the environment?

Link to comment
  • 0
16 minutes ago, Stephen Faulkner said:

We are experiencing the same issues and was hoping LTSR CU3 might resolve the issue, for us it was introduced in LTSR CU1 I believe. We are using Windows 7 and have disabled all filter drivers with no success and do not have VMware SVGA driver installed.

 

Don't see anything listed under known issues fixed information under CU3 Citrix documentation highlighting straight VDI desktop viewer not going off post VDI logoff action issue or target devices getting stuck on windows logo logon or complete black screen for target devices post reboot actions.

 

May be expert watching this blog can shade some light around mentioned issues under this thread.

Link to comment
  • 0

I'm experiencing this issue at logoff also with the 7.15 LTSR CU4 VDA on Windows 10 v1809.

 

I do not have the vnetflt or vsepflt drivers installed.

 

There was one TDI driver installed (named "SAKFile" which I think pertains to Trend Micro DLP), but I disabled it per the instructions in CTX221206 and the issue still occurred.

 

I tried uninstalling the VDA, uninstalling VMware tools, reinstalling VMware tools without the SVGA driver, and then reinstalling the 7.15 CU4 VDA, but I'm still having this issue.

 

When I logoff the desktop session, I get the "connection interrupted" message and the desktop flickers wildly.

 

I've also tested using various Citrix clients, including a 13.1 Receiver for Linux client. In that case, I still get the error but the screen doesn't flicker like it does with Receiver 4.12 for Windows. But, in any case, I don't think it is a client-side issue.

 

I'm working on upgrading our VDI environment from Windows 7 to Windows 10. We did not experience this with Windows 7, however, our production XenDesktop site is 7.6 and the VDA is also 7.6.  I'm currently working in a 7.15 site that I built specifically for testing with Windows 10.

 

Any other ideas not already mentioned in this discussion as to how to solve this or troubleshoot it further? I do have Citrix support--I just haven't had very many good experiences when engaging them so I do that as a last resort.

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 8/6/2019 at 4:06 PM, Daniel Baird1709152448 said:

I'm experiencing this issue at logoff also with the 7.15 LTSR CU4 VDA on Windows 10 v1809.

 

I do not have the vnetflt or vsepflt drivers installed.

 

There was one TDI driver installed (named "SAKFile" which I think pertains to Trend Micro DLP), but I disabled it per the instructions in CTX221206 and the issue still occurred.

 

I tried uninstalling the VDA, uninstalling VMware tools, reinstalling VMware tools without the SVGA driver, and then reinstalling the 7.15 CU4 VDA, but I'm still having this issue.

 

When I logoff the desktop session, I get the "connection interrupted" message and the desktop flickers wildly.

 

I've also tested using various Citrix clients, including a 13.1 Receiver for Linux client. In that case, I still get the error but the screen doesn't flicker like it does with Receiver 4.12 for Windows. But, in any case, I don't think it is a client-side issue.

 

I'm working on upgrading our VDI environment from Windows 7 to Windows 10. We did not experience this with Windows 7, however, our production XenDesktop site is 7.6 and the VDA is also 7.6.  I'm currently working in a 7.15 site that I built specifically for testing with Windows 10.

 

Any other ideas not already mentioned in this discussion as to how to solve this or troubleshoot it further? I do have Citrix support--I just haven't had very many good experiences when engaging them so I do that as a last resort.

 

 

Hi Bairdfive - were you able to obtain a resolution for this issue?  I'm having the same problem.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...