Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Mailboxes on Office365 - only allow ActiveSync from Secure Mail

Guest AdamR

Question

Guest AdamR

We currently use XenMobile/Secure Mail with on-premises Exchange server. We investigating a migration to Office 365 Exchange Online.

If we migrate a user's mailbox to Exchange Online, they are then able to use any ActiveSync mail client to access their mailbox from any device. We do not want this behaviour - we only want users to access their corporate email from a company-owned device using the Secure Mail app. We could disable ActiveSync in the Exchange admin portal, but obviously this would also break Secure Mail.

Any ideas can we accomplish this? I imagine it is a fairly common scenario.

4 answers to this question

On 6/27/2018 at 8:58 PM, Guest AdamR said:

We currently use XenMobile/Secure Mail with on-premises Exchange server. We investigating a migration to Office 365 Exchange Online.

If we migrate a user's mailbox to Exchange Online, they are then able to use any ActiveSync mail client to access their mailbox from any device. We do not want this behaviour - we only want users to access their corporate email from a company-owned device using the Secure Mail app. We could disable ActiveSync in the Exchange admin portal, but obviously this would also break Secure Mail.

Any ideas can we accomplish this? I imagine it is a fairly common scenario.

Hello,

As I understand you want to allow ActiveSync only through SecureMail client and block everything else. 

You can use ActiveSync Gateway XenMobile Mail Manager to achieve this.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenmobile/server/mail-manager.html

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX227464

Regards,

Kausar.

• Like 1

Hi, we want to achieve the same, namely only give Secure Mail access to the Exchange Online Mailbox.
We also wanted to use the XenMobile mail manager (now "Endpoint Management connector for Exchange ActiveSync"), but read on a Microsoft site that Exchange stops with basic authentication in may 2021. The Citrix tool can only connect via this Basic Authentication.  Citrix indicates that they are unlikely to update the tool towards Modern Authentication :-(
The use of the tool will therefore stop, probably also for users who already use it??
Citrix now indicates that we can best arrange this via Conditional Access Policys in Azure AD. Does anyone have an example of how to set this up?
I hope there are people who already have this working......

Kind regards, Marcel