Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Default MDX policy in Secure Hub

Kim Madsen1709157613

Question

I cant find anything on the release notes but, there seems to be a default MDX policy in secure hub ? I can no longer take screenshots within the SecureHub app.

When did this happen ?

How am I supposed to create user guides now, take a physical picture of the device :P

Are there any screenshots available for download I could edit maybe ?

11 answers to this question

Did you activate an option in the restrictions policy?
It`s possible to block Screenshots globally at least for iOS devices.
Do you want to take Screenshots on iOS devices?

There are possibilities to make Screenshots even with this policy activated:

1)    Use QuickTime
2)    Connect your iOS device with a HDMI adapter to a recording device

The 2nd might even work on Android devices.

I should have mentioned that this issue appears on android devices. I can confirm that screenshots is not blocked in SecureHub on iOS devices.

And no, I have not deployed any restriction policies blocking screenshots, actually I cant even take a screenshot of securehub before I have enrolled which makes me believe that securehub now comes with a MDX policy by default from the public appstore which is blocking screenshots.

I even tried mirroring my android device to my computer using vysor, but the screen gets blacked out once I start SecureHub.

17 hours ago, Scott Newton said:

We too are trying to create a user document and having this problem with screenshots.  Has anyone come up with a workaround or solution?

Hello,

maybe you can setup a reference device where everything is basically the same, but screenshots are activated from the beginning.

Or you might use an USB-Adapter (USB OTG to HDMI or Lightning to HDMI) to record the HDMI output and therefore the screen.

I got a lightning to HDMI Adapter and use it a lot to make small video clips or screenshots. This is very useful because a video is more accepted (at least in my experience) as an instruction manual and I can use the content (picture / video) directly because I don’t have to transfer it. There are a lot of different solutions to record HDMI signals. I use the Elgato HD60 S.

On 9/5/2018 at 11:32 PM, Scott Newton said:

We too are trying to create a user document and having this problem with screenshots.  Has anyone come up with a workaround or solution?

Do a google search and reuse screenshot you find, might have to do some light editing but you should be able to find some useful pictures out there.

Or you can use an iPhone or iPad and take screenshot from there, screenshots on iOS are not blocked and the UI is basically the same.

On 6/27/2018 at 4:48 PM, Akshat Jain said:

Hi @Kim Madsen1709157613

Screenshots for Securehub are now controlled by a setting within Securehub.

Goto Prefrences -> Security Settings -> Enable screen capture.

We enrolled devices with android enterprise.

After upgrading secure hub screen capture is not possible. and features based on that like android auto :(

BUT: the above setting in the prefrences is missing.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-endpoint-management/policies/restrictions-policy.html#android-enterprise-settings

also this policy is not available on prem till know. :(

Is there a solution to activate that feature in android enterprise?

and is it possible to activate it from the console for every device?

(go to prefrences is not a valid solution for an EMM software...) :(

Maybe there is a client property to set?

Thanks

Beat

On 2/20/2019 at 4:32 AM, Beat Buser1709156910 said:

We enrolled devices with android enterprise.

After upgrading secure hub screen capture is not possible. and features based on that like android auto :(

BUT: the above setting in the prefrences is missing.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-endpoint-management/policies/restrictions-policy.html#android-enterprise-settings

also this policy is not available on prem till know. :(

Is there a solution to activate that feature in android enterprise?

and is it possible to activate it from the console for every device?

(go to prefrences is not a valid solution for an EMM software...) :(

Maybe there is a client property to set?

Thanks

Beat

yes.. you have to allow said apps in the Android Restrictions policy.

just add the app id of android auto to the SYstem Apps list in the policy: ie com.google.android.projection.gearhead

I did this also for the samsung contacts, calendar, email apps along w/the android contacts, google calendar and gmail apps too.   i also added filebrowser too.

we have an on-prem setup of Xenmobile. 

i should really write a blog post on Android Enterprise and the things i've figured out in the last few months :)