Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Android Secure Web net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED Error

Jason Adwell

Question

We have identified an issue with the 10.8.20-3 version of Secure Web and the latest Chrome browser update.

We are only able to reproduce the issue with Samsung devices (that's all we support) running OS version 8.

When attempting to connect to an intranet site, we get the following error: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

We have not opened a case yet.

As a work around...you can disable Chrome, reset/restore Chrome back to factory default, and re-enable it.

23 answers to this question

Had the same issue for Secure Web Tunneled to Internal Network.  The fix worked as described above. 

I had updated Chrome over the weekend which broke my Secure Web 10.8.20 on a GS9 running 8.0.   While it was still broken, I tried the latest beta of Secure Hub and Secure Web 10.8.25 with no change.  Tried deleting and re-installing Secure Web multiple times, tried re-enrolling multiple times, tried enrolling in a different environment, and no change.  At the time my only fix was to factory wipe the phone.  As soon as I powered up, I re-enrolled.  Everything was OK.  Chrome updated later that day and broke SW again.

Disable Chrome > Restore it back to factory version > Re-enable chrome.

I also tested on a spare GS8 running 8.0 OS. 

Chrome Version 65.0.3325.109 = SecureWeb 10.8.20  Works Fine.

All I did was to update Chrome to Version 67.0.3396.68 = Secure Web 10.8.20  immediately BREAKS trying to connect to corporate intranet.

Fix = Settings > Apps > Chrome > Disable > Disable > Replace w/ factory Version > Wait for uninstalling > Enable it.

Chrome Version now on phone is 63.0.3239.111 = Secure Web once again WORKS Tunneled to the Internal Network.

GS6 running Android 7.0 OS doesn't seem to have the issue.  Latest version of Chrome for Android 7.0 is 66.0.3359.158 and Secure Web 10.8.20 still works tunneled to internal network.

NOTE: All testing was done on Samsung Devices.

• Like 1

We had the same issue from December '17 until April, but we didn't link it to the Chrome version. The fix for us was provided in Secure Web 10.8.20-3 so not sure why yours would not work. We tested on Android 8.0 as well. Have you tested with the beta release (version 10.8.25-3)? Our ticket was 75542260 if your Support Engineer would like to take a look.

Hi everyone,

since today I have had the same error.. in secureweb.

We have configured traffic policy's on netscaler for xenmobile gateway.

It worked with Secure Web 10.8.20-3 and now it doesn't. Nothing's changed in the system.

The "Workaround" works but is not a solution for us, that is to complicate for some users.

I don't understand the connection between chrome and secureweb. Why secureweb doesn't work fine if the chrome is on the newest version. Did Secureweb use some functions from chrome or where is the problem ?

best regards

alex

12 hours ago, Arnaud Pain said:

Another solution is to change the VPN mode from Secure Browse to  FullVPN if you are ok with that option. 

Or Enable “Permit VPN Mode Switching” instead of going Full VPN temporarily.

Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,

thanks for your advice.

for us the Full VPN Mode is no option.

We have configured Traffic Policys for Netscaler Gateway. And i think this can only be used with securebrowse.

Via Full VPN we had the same error before -> only external pages opened.

For this reason, we have integrated the traffic policies for use with proxy together with Citrix Support.

Where is the Problem with Chrome, Is secureweb dependent on chrome or any application kit from Chrome?

I'm curious how it will go on with secureweb on android... on iOS never had any problems.

regards

Alex

4 minutes ago, Alexander Koch1709157616 said:

Hi Arnaud,

thanks for your advice.

for us the Full VPN Mode is no option.

We have configured Traffic Policys for Netscaler Gateway. And i think this can only be used with securebrowse.

Via Full VPN we had the same error before -> only external pages opened.

For this reason, we have integrated the traffic policies for use with proxy together with Citrix Support.

Where is the Problem with Chrome, Is secureweb dependent on chrome or any application kit from Chrome?

I'm curious how it will go on with secureweb on android... on iOS never had any problems.

regards

Alex

Alex,

AFAIK the problem is known and investigated bu Citrix Dev Team.

Did you test with latest version released yesterday?

Thanks

Arnaud

1 minute ago, Alexander Koch1709157616 said:

yes directly after release i uploaded mdx to xenmobile and update from playstore securehub and web.

No difference.. :)

regards

alex

Alex,

I bet we will need to wait next release :(

The only option for you is to disable Chrome, reset/restore Chrome back to factory default, and re-enable it?

Other option are not working?

Arnaud

8 minutes ago, Arnaud Pain said:

Alex,

I bet we will need to wait next release :(

The only option for you is to disable Chrome, reset/restore Chrome back to factory default, and re-enable it?

Other option are not working?

Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,

I only see two options.

The workaround with chrome deactivate -> works, but however for the users too complicated.

Second option is FULL VPN, doesnt work for us.. because traffic policies activated.

Or am I misinformed?

Eventually you can use full vpn configured on the netscaler and it ignores the policies?

Waiting for the newest version although it came yesterday and before it was even not possible is sad, but no end of the world :)

best regards and thanks for your effort :)

Alex

4 minutes ago, Alexander Koch1709157616 said:

Hi Arnaud,

I only see two options.

The workaround with chrome deactivate -> works, but however for the users too complicated.

Second option is FULL VPN, doesnt work for us.. because traffic policies activated.

Or am I misinformed?

Eventually you can use full vpn configured on the netscaler and it ignores the policies?

Waiting for the newest version although it came yesterday and before it was even not possible is sad, but no end of the world :)

best regards and thanks for your effort :)

Alex

You're welcome.

If I have any news I will update this post.

Arnaud

On 9.6.2018 at 0:58 AM, Mike Engel1709152334 said:

I concur.  Just got Chrome update 67.0.3396.81 and Secure Web is still broken.  My workaround is simply to turn on VPN switching mode.  So my overall settings are:

1. Tuneled to internal network

2. Preffered VPN mode > secure browse

3. Permit VPN switching > on

I'm running Android 8.1.0 June update on Pixel

Hi Mike,

Have you configured the traffic policies on Netscaler?

@all  We have now some Users which get the chrome update automatically and run into the error...

best regards

alex

No any issue on our devices ,at least Android devices

Test system

Release 10.11.0.10

Secure WEB 19.9.09-9

Production

Release 10.10.0.7

Secure WEB 19.5.5-12

Check you firewall rules

if you need quick check and do not want to wait for FW coleagues

You can login to NS server and go to

Traffic Management,Load Balancing,Services

Add new service where you will insert IPa dress and port of a WEb you are trying to access.

You will have state UP or DOWN

This could help you with monitoring of access and FW rules.