Citrix Receiver 4.11 socket error 10038

Question

7 answers to this question

On 6.6.2018 at 7:55 PM, Kishore Kunisetty said:

You may try installing 4.12 to see if that helps or not. If not please collect the traces and open a support case for these traces to be looked.

Thanks

Kishore

Hey Kishore,

i told one person to upgrade to the version 4.12 but she replayed with this:

I still had the old version installed, but now I have the new version. The problem still exists...
The loading window of the application opens, it loads about 20% and then the
Loading window disappears without opening the application. 
Tried it right after installation and again after I restarted the PC

At the weekend I had some thoughts about the problem and had an idea. Maybe it is because of a registry setting. With another 2016 worker I had the problem that when user are logging in they got an black screen for some seconds. I followed the solution on this post  Binary Fix and Known Issues When Launching an Application Published from Windows Server 2016 and set the RegKey.

On one server i am going to Set the Key DisableLogonUISuppression  to 1 so that they can see the black screen. It can be that the user have to enter the logon credentials again and with the key set to 0 the logon window is not appearing. 

Just in case this helps anyone else - I had this error and found it was because the CredSSP vulnerability update from Microsoft had blocked access to the resource (it was an RDP resource). I used a script from Greig Sheridan to bypass it (recommended - Microsoft's handling of this issue was completely hamfisted!) and access to the resource was restored.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:52 PM, Matt Goldman said:

Just in case this helps anyone else - I had this error and found it was because the CredSSP vulnerability update from Microsoft had blocked access to the resource (it was an RDP resource). I used a script from Greig Sheridan to bypass it (recommended - Microsoft's handling of this issue was completely hamfisted!) and access to the resource was restored.

Hey Matt,

I know this is an old post, however I have an office experiencing the same issue. Are you able to post the script you used or point me in the right direction?