Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Unexpected token in JSON at position 368 setting up LDAPS

Running Release NS12.0 57.19.nc in AWS and trying to get the LDAP server setup so I can authenticate against my Microsoft AWS AD.

I add the IP of the directory and setup the Base DN and Bind DN add the admin password hit test and get the Unexpected Token erro in the title Unexpected token  in JSON at position 368.

Any idea where I should look or if there is a work around for this? I have googled a bit, but it seems like no one else is hitting this or I am not hitting the right key words in my search.

I know there is an update available for this release also and tried to update it from the command line and still get the error so I rebuilt it fresh since I'm not that far into the config yet so this is a fresh build in AWS.

Maybe try skipping the test diagnostic in the GUI, and configure the policy and use the built-in dashboard to confirm connectivity or rely on the aaad.debug to see if authentication is or isn't working.  There's a chance, that the test utility is the problem and not the actual policy. Since json shouldn't be involved in the actual authentication outside of the gui test utility itself.

One other thing - which browser are you using?   If in Firefox, switch to chrome, for example (or IE go to Chrome). If that doesn't work,  try making sure the browser you are using is fully upgraded.  

This article (for NS 10, but still) also shows how to run a test from the NS shell (instead of gui):  https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX138902

You should be able to review either syslog or view the output of /tmp/aaad.debug for authentication events - though I'm not sure if the test authentication actually generates aaad.debug info, though and you might have to actually attempt an authentication to be able to review the output.  See this article for output and details for aaad.debug:  https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX114999

• Like 1

Just in case someone else comes across this, and all credit goes to Citrix support on this one.

Basically this error is telling you that you have an invalid character some place either the bind DN, the base DN, or the bind users password.

Again it's not very intuitive and and it caught Citrix support off guard and it felt like it was a shot in the dark kind of thing, but either remove the invalid character or double quote it.

So if you base DN is something like Bob & sons then you have to make it OU="Bob & sons" if the password has weird stuff in it it's probably safer to just reset the password to something without $#!@& etc.

Hope this helps if someone comes across it. Also firefox gave a better error message then chrome so firefox might be more helpful in trouble shooting cag gui issues just fyi.

• Like 4

• 11 months later...
On 5/29/2018 at 3:50 PM, Matt Brown1709152046 said:

So if you base DN is something like Bob & sons then you have to make it OU="Bob & sons" if the password has weird stuff in it it's probably safer to just reset the password to something without $#!@& etc.

I can confirm that special characters can produce this issue.