Welcome to our new Citrix community!

VDA LTSR CU2 failing @ MS Visual x86 C++ 2013, vda won't register

Stephen D. Holder

Question

Greetings all,

I've been trying to install 7.15 LSTR CU2 for a while now and keep running into the attached error: Failed to configure component 'Microsoft Visual x86 C++ 2013 Runtime' because it is not installed

Of course if you look right above, it says it installed successfully.   Bottom line, when this happens the VDA won't register and when I try and manually start it from services I get the Start / Instantly stop service.

I've tried an in place upgrade - same results

I've ran the VDA clean up utltiy and then fresh VDA install from the CU2 iso  - same results.

Anyone run into this issue?

Thanks.

2018-05-17_11-12-54.png

4 answers to this question

Hi Krishna,

No I don't have the logs, but I did some more troubleshooting and attempted the whole process again -- VDA clean up agent and all. I still got the Visual x86 C++ 2013 Runtime error at the end of the CU2 installer, but the eventually the service started and was able to register with the DDC. To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I stopped and started the desktop service at will - which it was now doing no problem. Before it wouldn't even start at all - and would just start/stop instantly. Not sure what change, or what I did differently. I have some other CU2 updates I have to do, so I'll try and report back their findings later.

One thing for sure is, all my testing I've been getting that Visual x86 C++ 2013 Runtime  error at the end of the CU2 installer.

Its difficult to actually pin point on the root cause of the issue without proper logs, specially in case where we are unable this reproduce this in house. I am glad that you got it worked upon retry for now..and I would be keen on seeing your findings after your next updates. Please try to save the logs. 

Also, you might want to try this tool Citrix MSI log analyzer - https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX229734 that might help to gather more info. Keep us posted! 

Thank you.