Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Cloud Connector Silent Installations Fails when triggered from remote server

Avinash Jalumuru

Question

Silent Installation of Citrix Cloud connector fails when the installation is triggered from a remote computer.

What I am trying to achieve ?

I want to automate Citrix Cloud connector Installation for a given resource location of a citrix customer and followed the steps given in the citrix documentation for silent installation.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-cloud/citrix-cloud-resource-locations/citrix-cloud-connector/installation.html#command-line-installation-non-interactive

What actually happens?

Developed a script which takes the required input parameters from the user and starts the silent installation.

The automation script works fine when the script is called from the same hostname where cloud connector needs to be installed.

The installation fails when it is triggered from remote server.  During this installation process, 

• Installs 4 citrix packages.  (Citrix cloud connector, Agent System Agent logger, Agent WatchDog)
  • Waits for 60 seconds (approx)
  • Uninstalls the 4 packages

While verifying the citrix cloud installation logs, it is unable to set a signing key.  A warning message of pipe failure with access denied as shown here is logged for few seconds before failing with the error. I used the domain Administrator credentials and this installation works when running the automatic installation batch file from the same host.

Any pointers is very much appreciated. (Attached the failure log also)

2018-05-01 10:08:38.375: [13404] Warning - Unable to contact AgentSystem : System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/AgentSystem/Bootstrap that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.ServiceModel.AddressAccessDeniedException: The pipe name could not be obtained for net.pipe://localhost/AgentSystem/Bootstrap. ---> System.IO.PipeException: The pipe name could not be obtained for the pipe URI: Access is denied. (5, 0x5)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeSharedMemory.Open(String sharedMemoryName, Uri pipeUri)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnectionInitiator.GetPipeName(Uri uri, IPipeTransportFactorySettings transportFactorySettings)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Citrix.CloudServices.AgentFoundation.Common.Contracts.IBootstrapProvider.SetSigningKey(String signingKey)

at Citrix.CloudServices.SetupTools.CustomActions.Actions.ConfigureInstallSuccess.SetSensitiveInformation(IDictionary`2 properties)

2018-05-01 10:09:31.057: [13404] Error - Configure Citrix Cloud Connector Failed: Unable to set signing key.

2018-05-01 10:09:31.120: [13404] Context execution completed successfully.

2018-05-01 10:09:31.120: [13404] Context exit code: 1729

Also attaching the Citrix EdgeServer installation log which actually failed.

Thanks.

CWCConnector_20180501220747_007_Citrix_Csg_EdgeServiceLocalConfig.log

7 answers to this question

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:25 PM, Anil Kumar1709152988 said:

@Anil Kumar1709152988 Thank you very much for your support and sharing the links. Yes, I went through the links.

The setup has direct internet connectivity (no proxy) and no firewall ports are blocking. Automatic silent installation running from remote host is failing.

• Manual Installation of Citrix Cloud Connector works
  • Automatic Silent Installation of Citrix cloud connector works using local Install (Running the silent installation by doing RDP or opening console)
  • Automatic Silent Installation of Citrix cloud connector does not work using Remote Install (Running silent installation from remote server)
    • FYI, installation is triggered required permissions
    • Installed other packages like notepad++ using remote install and they worked fine.

Thanks.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:48 PM, Avinash Jalumuru said:

@Anil Kumar1709152988 Thank you very much for your support and sharing the links. Yes, I went through the links.

The setup has direct internet connectivity (no proxy) and no firewall ports are blocking. Automatic silent installation running from remote host is failing.

• Manual Installation of Citrix Cloud Connector works
  • Automatic Silent Installation of Citrix cloud connector works using local Install (Running the silent installation by doing RDP or opening console)
  • Automatic Silent Installation of Citrix cloud connector does not work using Remote Install (Running silent installation from remote server)
    • FYI, installation is triggered required permissions
    • Installed other packages like notepad++ using remote install and they worked fine.

Thanks.

Hi Avinash,

I recently encountered a similar problem using Ansible to deploy the Cloud Connector. In the end, I set the become_user as "System". This executed the installer with enough privileges to write the key to wherever it needed to be.

Hope this is helpful to anyone else fighting this issue.

Tried to install RDS via adde roles-> Remote Desktop Services Installation but it will not install. Installed RDS roles via the standard "add roles and features wizard" Added the RD Connection Broker, RD Licensing, RD Session Host roles . In Server Manager under the Remote Desktop Services tab I see the message "A Remote Desktop Services deployment does not exist in the server pool." I also tried to install via PowerShell without success. Server is fully patched as of today. I have read a ton of articles on the web about installing remotely, only using the "Remote Desktop Service installation" option , checking if there is a reboot pending in the registry, etc...all without luck.

Anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks much!

snaptube telegram web

On 9/3/2019 at 6:05 AM, Matthew Beckett said:

Hi Avinash,

I recently encountered a similar problem using Ansible to deploy the Cloud Connector. In the end, I set the become_user as "System". This executed the installer with enough privileges to write the key to wherever it needed to be.

Hope this is helpful to anyone else fighting this issue.

Hey Matthew, not sure if you're still managing that environment and using Ansible for Cloud Connector deployment, but I'm running into a similar issue as outlined in this thread.

I've written an Ansible playbook with the win_package module for the Cloud Connector installation, and have tried setting become_user to System , but I continue to get the error with the EdgeServiceLocalConfig failing out. The Secondary Logon service is started. Have you noticed any needed changes in your playbooks to accomplish the installation?