Welcome to our new Citrix community!

How to find list of Applications Published on individual broker/VDA servers?

Abhinav Jyoti

Question

Hi,

I'm managing a XenApp LTSR 7.15 CU1 Site Enterprise Edition. I need to run a report on my Site to find the list of applications published on individual VDA servers. Similar to what "Qfarm / App" used to do in previous versions.

Get-BrokerApplication only gives the AssociatedDesktopGroup(uid) and AssociatedApplicationGroup(uid) which is not what I'm looking for. I found Get-BrokerMachine has one property "PublishedApplications" which gives a truncated output, so I gave it a try using -expandproperty, however it still doesn't give the full "Application Name".

I've tried everything in my capacity to get the report with no success and hence seeking your help!

$6C44CB168803881.jpg

3 answers to this question

Since I had a lot of applications with similar names it didn't return accurate details.

Looks like there are no direct ways to get the data I need. Probably because the applications are not directly linked to machines but through Delivery / Application groups. Opening a call with Citrix didn't help either as they refused to give support /guidance for powershell commands beyond what is already mentioned in documentation.

I'm sharing a script which gives you output with broker machine names for each application, which only works if you have published the applications through Delivery groups and not through Application groups:

asnp citrix*
$apps = Get-BrokerApplication
foreach ($app in $apps){
Write-Output "`n`r"
Write-Output "Application name: $($app.name)"
$dgUIDs = $app.AssociatedDesktopGroupUids
foreach ($dgUID in $dgUIDs){
$VDAs = Get-BrokerDesktop -DesktopGroupUid $dgUID
Write-Output "`tDeliveryGroup:
$($VDA.DesktopGroupName)"
foreach ($VDA in $VDAs){
Write-Output "`t`tVDA: $($VDA.DNSName) Machine Catalog: $($VDA.CatalogName)"
}
}
}

• Like 1

you could loop through the list of apps per server and just grab the entire published name from the get-brokerapplication command

$array = @()

$a = Get-BrokerMachine -HostedMachineName XXXXX # loop through your servers here

foreach ($app in $a.PublishedApplications)

{

$temp = Get-BrokerApplication -AdminAddress XXXXXX | where {$_.publishedname.startswith("$app")} | select PublishedName

$array = $array + $temp

}

$array