Welcome to our new Citrix community!

NetScaler Gatway setup can't contact StoreFront

Hi all, 

Please go easy on me as I am new to Citrix Technologies. All my Citrix experience comes from the testlab setup I am currently building as a practical thesis.

I have setup a XenDesktop 7.16 environment and the Desktop resources can be  reached through StoreFront. 

Now i have to implement a VPN Gateway. 

Therefore I am using NetScaler 12.0

I have created the self signed certificates with NetScaler as CA and want to create the Gateway for XenDesktop now.

In the gateway setup step where i have to enter the StoreFront Server details I get the error message: "StoreFront could not be contacted. The status of the Server is Down".

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.4afb463268be2e4e466d3d34fb3596c5.PNG

I have no idea where i have to look for the error. My StoreFront should be setup correctly, because the internal access works perfectly fine.

Could this error be caused by false certificates? 

I have used the "Create Certificate with NetScaler as Certificate Authority" part of this guide to create them.

https://www.carlstalhood.com/netscaler-certificates/#nsca

PS: I have to finish the thesis tomorrow :S

Many Thanks

Nick

NS12 has this weird test diagnostic it does and if the diagnostic can't reach the StoreFront server it will fail to connect (not just fail the setup wizard diagnostic). You may need a SNIP facing the Network of the LB VIP for StoreFront.  But it will not pass traffic that would have worked on previous versions.

(You could also test to see if it will work if you connect to one storefront server directly as opposed to the lb vserver VIP; because odds are you already have a snip in that network.)

• 5 months later...
On 4/8/2018 at 2:13 PM, Nicolas Meyer1709159464 said:

Hi all, 

Please go easy on me as I am new to Citrix Technologies. All my Citrix experience comes from the testlab setup I am currently building as a practical thesis.

I have setup a XenDesktop 7.16 environment and the Desktop resources can be  reached through StoreFront. 

Now i have to implement a VPN Gateway. 

Therefore I am using NetScaler 12.0

I have created the self signed certificates with NetScaler as CA and want to create the Gateway for XenDesktop now.

In the gateway setup step where i have to enter the StoreFront Server details I get the error message: "StoreFront could not be contacted. The status of the Server is Down".

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.4afb463268be2e4e466d3d34fb3596c5.PNG

I have no idea where i have to look for the error. My StoreFront should be setup correctly, because the internal access works perfectly fine.

Could this error be caused by false certificates? 

I have used the "Create Certificate with NetScaler as Certificate Authority" part of this guide to create them.

https://www.carlstalhood.com/netscaler-certificates/#nsca

PS: I have to finish the thesis tomorrow :S

Many Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

How did you solve your issue as I am also facing same problem.

Regards

Ravi

• 1 year later...