Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Failed to install VDA 7.15 on Windows 7 SP1 (32Bit)

Artimus Aunos

Question

Hi  All,

I have problem about installing VDA version 7.15 on Windows 7 SP1 32 bit.  I have tested with new Windows OS and OS image to install VDA 7.15 to install it to master image. 

but when it's running Virtual Delivery Agent that it's failed and pop error message to temp as attached file.  

Have anyone know solution to solve this issue. I don't sure that it' support with Windows 7 32 bit or need to install some component to Windows 7 before install VDA or not? 

Regards,

VdaMonitorPlugin_x86151536461.txt

6 answers to this question

The MSI Log Analyzer shows below

image.thumb.png.73d6b6dde36224b5a3902efb21ee9f3f.png

Log file output of the above:

Product Name: Citrix Monitor Service VDA Plugin
Product Msi: VdaMonitorPlugin_x86.Msi
Product Version: 7.15.1000.118
Manufacturer Name: Citrix Systems, Inc.
Install Type:  Install
MSI Return Code: 1603
Helpful Details to troubleshoot/resolve the issue
Product: Citrix Monitor Service VDA Plugin -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: CompileResourceUtilizationMOF, location: C:\Program Files\Citrix\Virtual Desktop Agent\, command: mofcomp.exe "Citrix_ResourceUtilization.mof" 
Failure Error Code: 1721
Failing Action: CompileResourceUtilizationMOF
Action Time:  27/03/2561 2:36:28 PM
Operation: mofcomp.exe "Citrix_ResourceUtilization.mof"
ObjectCategory: File
ObjectInfo: mofcomp.exe "Citrix_ResourceUtilization.mof"
Resolution: To troubleshoot/resolve this issue, refer to https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX226932
CTX KB Article: CTX226932

I would start with the above troubleshooting link for 1603 errors - can be many things

I don't sure that Windows 7 (32 bit) that support with Virtual Desktop Agent 7.15 to select Master Image option or not?

After found problem this issue that I have re-install Windows 7 32 bit and found other error after complete VDA Agent to attached file.

Have anyone test to install VDA 7.15 on Windows 7 32 bit to complete or not ?

I don't sure if complete that it need to update any patch to Windows 7 32 bit before install VDA or need to download grade VDA only.

Regards,

1.jpg