Jump to content
  • 0

Adobe Creative Cloud Apps


Xavier Blackwood

Question

Hi,

 

Has anyone successfully packaged the Adobe Creative Cloud Apps such as Photoshop, illustrator etc.. with Citrix App Layering? I am able to package Adobe Acrobat 2017 using the adobe_prtk.exe serialization method when building the Acrobat Layer. Once published to PVS Acrobat opens with no sign in prompts.  This is a Server 2016 image.

 

The problem is with the CC Apps such as Photoshop etc.. I have followed all the serialization articles out there and when packaging a CC layer I am using the AdobeSerialization.exe command prior to finalizing. When published to PVS, the Adobe CC apps will prompt for Sign in even though they were successfully serialized when building the package.  It seems this successful serialization is stripped when the image is published to PVS. The weird thing is, I can open one of the apps without sign in prompts but opening another CC app always prompts for sign in.

 

Any tips?

 

 

Link to comment

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

There was a conflict between Acrobat Pro 2017 Classic version and the Adobe CC installation that would crash the Adobe process "PDApp.exe" and break the serialization. Installing Acrobat Pro 2017 and CC Apps in the same layer resolved this. Also when packaging the CC Apps make sure to include the Adobe Creative Cloud app with the no updates option. The Adobe Creative Cloud app seems to overwrite the PDApp.exe with a newer version than the one created when installing Acrobat Pro 2017. Hope this helps anyone out there with a similar issue. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0

Curious if this might work with our setup.  I  created another thread on this but just stumbled onto this one so hunting for any help here so i apologize for double posting!

 

In our situation we just log into https://adminconsole.adobe.com  which shows the apps we subscribe to.   We would click into the Creative Cloud All Apps option and assign a user via their email address.  They'd use that and the adobe pw that they setup and that authorizes them and activates the product to my best understanding.   I'm not sure what that licensing is called vs one that requires a s/n but would that prtk tool work in that setup?  i dont believe we have a s/n for our creative cloud (all apps) package so not sure if we're screwed or not

Link to comment
  • 0

The adobe email login is different than the serialized installation (offline). In the serialized installation no sign in is required. If you don't have access to the serialized version, Active Directory Federation Services can make the sign in process easier as Adobe supports this. I wasn't involved in the Adobe purchasing so not sure how access to the serialized versions were bought but talk to Adobe sales about this, I think it is part of a Enterprise agreement.

Link to comment
  • 0
1 minute ago, Xavier Blackwood said:

The adobe email login is different than the serialized installation (offline). In the serialized installation no sign in is required. If you don't have access to the serialized version, Active Directory Federation Services can make the sign in process easier as Adobe supports this. I wasn't involved in the Adobe purchasing so not sure how access to the serialized versions were bought but talk to Adobe sales about this, I think it is part of a Enterprise agreement.

thanks for the help on this!  would you mind if i sent you a PM to discuss this a little more? just had a couple questions

 

thanks!

Link to comment
  • 0

unfortunately no......after several calls w/ Adobe they claim this is working "as designed" and its not currently supported for the Creative Suite to tie logins to the user but instead the machine name.  thats why after 3 sessions the next will say you need to sign out of all previous to continue.  they did say thats fully supported to use this method, we just have to deal w/ signing in after each new session and they said it will be considered a feature request for the future so we're not holding our breathe

Link to comment
  • 0

Hi Team,

 

it's work on Windows 10 with Citrix  app layer.

 

and for Windows 7 the solution is here https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/licensing.html?highlight=roaming#imaged-os-deployments-named-user

 

you need to modifies the registery keys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Licensing\UserSpecificLicensing]"Enabled"="1" (REG_SZ) [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Identity\UserSpecificIdentity]"Enabled"="1" (REG_SZ)

 

 

tested with Win 7 and worked fine.

hope this will help you

Link to comment
  • 0

For Windows 10 did you have to do anything special during the install part? we just use the adobe app to pick / choose all the apps to install.  For Windows 10 those Licensing and Identity keys were not present.  I tried just manually creating them but after i logged in, verified Photoshop worked, i logged off/back on and it still prompts me to log in again. did i miss something you were doing? that link you said is what Adobe gave me that I was told ONLY works for Acrobat so just making sure i'm not missing something

Link to comment
  • 0
9 hours ago, Andrew Gresbach1709152664 said:

For Windows 10 did you have to do anything special during the install part? we just use the adobe app to pick / choose all the apps to install.  For Windows 10 those Licensing and Identity keys were not present.  I tried just manually creating them but after i logged in, verified Photoshop worked, i logged off/back on and it still prompts me to log in again. did i miss something you were doing? that link you said is what Adobe gave me that I was told ONLY works for Acrobat so just making sure i'm not missing something

I didn't do it. It's my colleague who did it before i integrate the company I will ask about this but what I know it's published over app layer 

Link to comment
  • 0

thank you for this suggestion! it looks like this does mostly work for the CC suite as well!  One login it did ask me to resign in but every other time it isnt so far.  it also is not doing the thing where it says that you're signed in to 3 devices and have to sign out of all yet so this must somehow get around that weird requirement too. hopefully it keeps everything complaint

Link to comment
  • 0
On 9/11/2019 at 9:54 PM, Andrew Gresbach1709152664 said:

thank you for this suggestion! it looks like this does mostly work for the CC suite as well!  One login it did ask me to resign in but every other time it isnt so far.  it also is not doing the thing where it says that you're signed in to 3 devices and have to sign out of all yet so this must somehow get around that weird requirement too. hopefully it keeps everything complaint

 

I tried to implement the suggested registry keys but it didn't work with photoshop CC 2019, Every time I logon to a new client I receive a popup, where I need to sign in with my CC account and after 2 registrations I need the unassign teh other clients. Have you used some specific paramaters during the installation? Thx!

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...