Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Disk Space

Joe Robinson

Question

Good Morning:

I'm deploying RDS servers via AppLayering.  I need to do is accomodate for roaming user profiles (UPM) as users log into the machines (~60 users per server) and App-V installed Applications.

After deploying a machine, the local disk reports it's only 20GB, and there is only 10GB free.  I don't feel comfortable with 10GB of free space.  

What determines the final size of the disk?  Examining my layers, it appears that it might be one of the app layers that I merged into the image.  I only have one 20GB layers -- is that what it's using?  Do I need to increase the last layer I add to make this disk space available?

5 answers to this question

If anyone else needs the solution, here it is:

You have to login to the console of elm and edit /usr/local/CAMService/CAMService.exe.config.  You're going to want to add the following key under the appSettings section:

<add key="ScratchVolumeSizeInMB" value="20480"/>

Adjust the 20480 to whatever size you need.  It's in MB, so multiple the number of GB you want by 1024 (20 * 1024= 204880).

• Like 1
On 3/16/2018 at 8:19 PM, Joe Robinson said:

<add key="ScratchVolumeSizeInMB" value="20480"/>

Adjust the 20480 to whatever size you need.  It's in MB, so multiple the number of GB you want by 1024 (20 * 1024= 204880).

Sorry to bring up the old thread again, but that does not work for me.
I made the change in CAMService.exe.config (set it to 30720) , restarted the ELM and created a new image.

Nevertheless the partition is only 20 GB. What am I doing wrong

The ELM version running is 20.9.0.1003

Thanks,

Jens