Welcome to our new Citrix community!

MAS GUI issues in 12.0.57.19

Anyone else having issues with the NMAS GUI after applying the 12.0.57.19 build?

We randomly (a few times a day) gets a white page displaying nothing but "{"errorcode":-1, "message":"File not found."}" when accessing the GUI.

This happens both when logged in and on new connections.

The current "fix" is to wait for a couple of minutes, then the GUI displays the message: "No views are available to show" and after a Logout and a new Login, it works again. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 10.00.13.png

Edited by Max Lindqvist
Added screenshot

Thank you for headsup. 

I currently work on a project where we do all Netscaler SDX / MPX / VPX management trough Netscaler MAS for configuration, management and analytics. 

My customers are on Netscaler MAS training this week (Hi Paul, im glad you are doing the training) and I upgraded the Netscaler MAS prior to my customers training session..

i fear i will regret doing this upgrade. So far i have not had the issue you mention today.. I do however run MAS with 32GB Memory. MAS is very hungry for memory. 

We manage 2 failover pairs and 3 stand alon NS's with a total of about 70 vservers.

Before the latest update, we managed 4 more stand alone NS's and about 300 vservers on 12GB RAM and 2 vCPU.

Now, we have pulled some NS's out and gave the MAS appliance 16GB RAM and 4 vCPU.

I know it wants a lot of RAM but our environment is really small and looking at the stats (top), it does not use all RAM and it does not even touch the swap space.

My screenshot where it says "getswapspacefailed" is from before we pulled some instances out and asigned more RAM/CPU.

Mine is still working fine.  12 Netscalers on it.  Good luck with the TAC case. 

(HDX Insight, Appflow, Syslog, Stylebooks, Conf Jobs. Not that much traffic on it yet since the Netscalers are still in migration. approx 1500 users.)

Good article on MAS logs if you have not seen it: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX224502

1 hour ago, Kai Thorsrud1709157845 said:

Mine is still working fine.  12 Netscalers on it.  Good luck with the TAC case. 

(HDX Insight, Appflow, Syslog, Stylebooks, Conf Jobs. Not that much traffic on it yet since the Netscalers are still in migration. approx 1500 users.)

Good article on MAS logs if you have not seen it: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX224502

> Thanks! We do also have the "triton" issue. Did "chmod 755" on /mps/triton/scripts/* and hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, Vignesh Kumar1709152861 said:

Logstream hang issue was fixed in build 57_11+, so when upgrading from a build below that version we have seen couple of issues. Since you have already uploaded the Tech support bundle , it should help us to identify the problem.

I just created a case and will upload the support bundle as soon as it completes.

Thanks guys!

Ohh, it just failed again while creating the support bundle..

MAS-kern.maxfiles.limit.exceeded.PNG

@Citrix engineers might hate me for this but i increased the kern.maxfiles from 313830 (where did they get this number) to 512000 and kern.maxfilesperproc from 32764 to 128000 and the results looks promising. The time to view for example Analytics/Web Insight/Clients went from 1-2 minutes to 3 seconds and we are now actually getting client data and the World map is working again.

bash-2.05b# sysctl kern.maxfiles=512000

kern.maxfiles: 313830 -> 512000

bash-2.05b# sysctl kern.maxfilesperproc=128000

kern.maxfilesperproc: 32764 -> 128000

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 4:50 AM, Max Lindqvist1709152463 said:

@Citrix engineers might hate me for this but i increased the kern.maxfiles from 313830 (where did they get this number) to 512000 and kern.maxfilesperproc from 32764 to 128000 and the results looks promising. The time to view for example Analytics/Web Insight/Clients went from 1-2 minutes to 3 seconds and we are now actually getting client data and the World map is working again.

bash-2.05b# sysctl kern.maxfiles=512000

kern.maxfiles: 313830 -> 512000

bash-2.05b# sysctl kern.maxfilesperproc=128000

kern.maxfilesperproc: 32764 -> 128000

You may be on to something there.  I have a couple MAS servers (long story), and while both have issues since going to 12.0.57.19, one has more Netscaler instances monitored on it.  I went through my logs and found instances of "kern.maxfiles limit exceeded" by various processes (postgress, mas_event, mas_config, max_perf, etc).   By default my kern.maxfiles was 659672, which is obviously higher than your 512000.  However, with that in mind, I jumped mine to 999999.   We'll see if I need to reboot it again.  Every time the kern.maxfile error happens, it usually takes down one process along with it (mas_perf, mas_config, etc), and pretty much hoses the whole thing.

I'm apparently going to need to dig into my FreeBSD 8.4 tuning books again... after I wipe off the years of virtual dust collected....

The adjustment of kern.maxfiles(perproc) didn't solve the issue for us. It did however took a bit longer until it failed again so without any further digging, to me it seems like something is "eating" file handles.

We have an open support-case and last week, we made a few G2M session where we did some DB maintenance but it is still failing.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...