Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XD7.15 CU1 - App Group + tags issue with Linux receiver

Julien Vailles1709154689

Question

Hi,

My published apps were working fine with Linux Receiver (13.2, 13.3, 13.8, that's my thin client) until I decided this afternoon to use Application group + tags, I use 7.15 CU1 for my entire infrastructure. I roll back my 2 changes I made. 1. delete the application group, re-set the delivery group for each app. 2. I removed the tag used to scope my published desktop (it was starting fine from Linux Receiver). On Windows Receiver, no problem, the Linux Receiver is the one giving the error "The X Request 55.0 caused error: "9: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Windo parameter)". when trying to start the published app, I noticed the app state is prelogon, not sure if it always the case.

Once again, everything was perfect until I tried Application group + tags.

It looks like a big bug to me! Anyone else having this issue? It would be stranged to be the only one using this feature as it is pretty cool if it was working!

Thank you,

Julien

WP_20180221_16_15_58_Pro.jpg

15 hours ago, Julien Vailles1709154689 said:

Thanks for sharing this workaround Manoj!

I wonder how it translates for other type of thin client.

I suppose the change is in /.ICAClient/wfclient.ini - could you please share your conf file?

I had the Citrix case escalated, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Julien

Hi Julien,

For this, we created a Local Profile using IGEL UMS (Universal Management Suite) to modify the registry and applied it to all the devices. If you want it for IGELs, I can share some screenshots.

For other devices, I suppose we may have to find a way to modify the .ica/.wf. Contact the hardware vendor to help open/modify the registry maybe?

Thanks,

Manoj

Manoj,

All I need to know is to identify what lines have been added to the wfclient.ini file to fix the issue?

I need you to translate your GUI changes to the lines in your .ini file.

You could if possible compare a wfclient.ini before and after the change, it will give you the difference and what actually in the .ini file fixed the issue.

Thanks for the help.

25 minutes ago, Pascal GARNIER1709154182 said:

Hello Julien,

We have added the parameters mentioned by Manoj in the wfclient.ini and the thin client seems to to be better but we are still having the pixmap error intermittently. I am not sure if both parameters should have been added there, that would have been great if manoj send us an screenshot of the parameters set on his thin client.

17 hours ago, Julien Vailles1709154689 said:

Manoj,

All I need to know is to identify what lines have been added to the wfclient.ini file to fix the issue?

I need you to translate your GUI changes to the lines in your .ini file.

You could if possible compare a wfclient.ini before and after the change, it will give you the difference and what actually in the .ini file fixed the issue.

Thanks for the help.

Hello Julien, Pascal,

Yes, we have to pass both the parameters. We passed the parameters per the error code. Example below,

Error: "The X Request 55.0 caused error: "9: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)" - Parameter: 55.0/9

Error: "The X Request 60.0 caused error: "13: BadGC (invalid GC parameter)". - Parameter: 60.0/13

I will try to see if I can get access to the.ini from the hardware vendor. In our case, we modified the parameters on the device/s using the GUI.  

Attached are the GUI screenshots.

Thanks,

Manoj KB.

wfclient.thumb.JPG.e6fcf165574282a809cadb81dac7c855.JPGica.thumb.JPG.908deb8e358054b8f0d72032b4ef6f47.JPG

An update from Citrix Technical Support. Following are their comments,

On most of the Linux Thin clients, the Directory structure is different from that of a FAT client. Also, as the Receiver is also highly customized by the Thin Client vendors, even the default config files like All_regions.ini and WFClient.ini will be in different location. Also, these files will have the customizations in place. With these, we can never test the issue or diagnose. Usually, Thin client vendors, who p[partners with us (like Dell Wyse) do create the FAT clients with Ubuntu 16.04 and SUSE 12 and do test out the receivers and do come back to us to fix the issues. Once the issues fixed, the Image will be customized as per the requirements to deploy on Thin clients and will deploy. Even for any issues reported, they will test the same on FAT clients and do come back to us. In this case, the errors are deemed to be with the X window system/X server, which is one of the main dependencies. This needs to be handled more from OS side. As this is on a Thin client, this is why we need Thin client vendor’s engagement.

It seems they do not have anything on this yet and they are pointing at the workaround I had proposed initially (in this post).

Please let me know if you hear anything different. 

Thanks,

Manoj KB.

Hi,

I tested a new wfica binary provided by Citrix on Ubuntu using Receiver 13.9.1 and it works, no error message anymore.

I asked if Citrix had plan to resolve this issue at the controller level as we all know it started with CU1 and I've been told this

"Since this bug was found to be related to receiver there will be no fix from the controller end."

Citrix should release this fix for the Receiver in Q2 ... This is amazing ....

Regards,

Julien

1 hour ago, Matthias Barthel said:

Hallo,

we have installed 7.15 CU2 and we have the same error on our IGEL Thin Clients. Change the registry entry like in the post above helps but is no solution in my opinion!

Hello Matthias,

I agree. The registry change is not a solution but it’s rather a workaround. It has been holding up so far.

We have not heard anything else from Citrix yet

Thanks,

Manoj KB.

Hello.  I'm an individual Linux user using Citrix and all of a sudden started getting this error message yesterday after everything working flawlessly for years.  I'm on Ubuntu Budgie 18.04.  My IT Dept could care less about me ("Switch to Windows" they said) and I've called Citrix in the past, but without a support contract, they won't talk to me.  I have the most recent Receiver installed (13.9.1 I believe, the March one).  Any suggestions for what I can do?  What .ini changes do I need to make on my end?  Thanks!

I have a case open with Citrix on this, I'm told this is resolved in REceiver 13.10 out sometime soon.

The following may be a workaround it got from Citrix, it didn't work for me.

The change you want to make is to the user’s wfclient.ini file. This file can be found in the user’s home folder under the subfolder .ICAClient. Within this file there are several stanzas. The one you want is the one [Thinwire3.0]. You need to add an entry under this stanza. The format of the entry / parameter is as follows:

IgnoreXErrors=string 

The format of the string is generated from the actual error message produced such as m.n/p. Where m.n is the X protocol request value (major.minor) and p is the error code So, in your case you are receiving the error messages as follows:

The X Request 55.0 caused error: "9: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)"

From this we can then extrapolate the string for the parameter as 55.0/9

So the within the wfclient.ini file for any given user you should have the following:

snippet 

[Thinwire3.0]

IgnoreXErrors=55.0/9

snippet

The dot are just t0 indicate other entries which could exist under the same stanza 

Sadly, that didn't work for me :(.  Does the line need to be under [Thinwire3.0] or [WFClient]?  I put it under both and got the error:

The X Request 18.0 caused error:"3:BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)"

I added that error to the file too, but then it wouldn't load, saying it wouldn't accept two IgnoreXErrors lines.  After that, I was getting just the original 55.0/9 error :(.  So I'm locked out of my work account.  Don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow at work, try to get it working via the Chrome extension I guess.  13.10 can't come fast enough!  I'm presuming your company has a support contract?  Mine doesn't, and I don't know any other way to get Citrix feedback.  They won't accept phone calls from non-support contract users.

My .ini file, by the way, has a line "IgnoreErrors=9,15".  Is the syntax you use correct?

Also, BTW, has anyone tried this under Wayland to see if using that fixes this temporarily?

Ok, here's a way to use the Citrix Chrome Extension with your ICA files until Citrix fixes the Linux Receiver.  First, install the extension via the Chrome store.  Then, download your .ica file and on your DE open it with a different app.  When given the list of apps, hopefully your DE gives you a search box for them (I know from trying tonight that XFCE and Budgie do).  Paste the following: 

For Chrome beta: /opt/google/chrome-beta/google-chrome-beta --user-data-dir=/home/[your home directory]/.config/google-chrome-beta --profile-directory=Default --app-id=haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem 

For Chrome: /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome --user-data-dir=/home/[your home directory]/.config/google-chrome --profile-directory=Default --app-id=haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem

Replace [your home directory] with that name, no brackets.  That will launch the extension with your .ica file.  Good luck!

That's discouraging, it's called out as an issue fixed in the edocs :32_expressionless:

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/receiver/linux/current-release/whats-new/fixed-issues.html

When accessing published applications using Citrix Receiver for Linux in seamless mode, the applications might be published as an Applications Group with a tag restriction. As a result, this error message appears on XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 Long Term Service Release (LTSR) Cumulative Update 1 (CU1).
"The X Request 55.0 caused error: "9: BadDrawable (Invalid Pixmap or Window Parameter)"." [#LC9437]

Archived