Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Unable to renew XenServer 5.6 - 6.0 Free Licenses

Mariano Aprea

Question

Hi, we are running Xenserver 5.6 SP2 and 6.0.2 and we cannot renew the free license. The 'Request Activation Key' button is throwing a connection error so we also tried submitting the activation form at deliver.citrix.com, but we haven't received the requested free license for those servers.

Is it possible to get a new license generated? We are planning to migrate to 7.x shortly but the current license is expiring in 5 days so we really need to extend it for now.

Thanks very much for your help!

4 answers to this question

On 19/2/2018 at 2:37 PM, David Cottingham said:

Thanks for the response David. We've already upgraded a few servers to 6.5 (it was really smooth). The rest of them are on the to-do list and running thanks to a solution provided by robdo.

So you may close the thread.

Rgds!

I am having a similar issue. Have a XenServer Enterprise pool of 4 servers, but the license server went off line. I need to get a free license for 5.6 to get it online so I can turn the license server back on. We are not able to migrate to the new version until next year's budget cycle. The 3 month activation site is down right now

My understanding is that the renewal of my free version of XenServer 5.6 license service will be terminated by the end of March. For this reason, I gave me a reminder around March 23, 2019, asking for another month to renew. Unfortunately, the license update service has been closed and my new VM server is not running yet, I am very nervous because my current free license will expire, and unfortunately the server is automatically shut down unexpectedly. Can anyone get a free XenServer license for me? Will 5.6 expire mybe in two to three weeks? If anyone can provide such a license file and send it to my email: help.me, I would be very grateful.                Sam_hui@nc-s.hk

Archived