Welcome to our new Citrix community!

7.15 LTSR CU1 logon issue

Abteilung EDV

Question

Hello,

since the upgrade from XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR to 7.15 LTSR CU1, the users have problems to logon. In the logfile of the profile manager I see the following entry on all updated servers for every user:

ERROR;<domain>;<username>, 3, 4816;DispatchLogonLogoff: Updating Perfmon Logon/Logoff Counters failed

The users are experiencing problems with the desktop (missing settings, background, printers etc.)

I searched a lot for this error/behavior but did not found a solution yet. In the meantime unfortunately I had roll back to 7.15 LTSR. Is there any issue with the profile manager 7.15CU1 ?

best regards,

12 answers to this question

On 7.3.2018 at 4:43 PM, Aaron Curtis1709152006 said:

did you find a solution for this?

in my case i upgraded to 7.15 cu1, and for some reason CPM wasn't picking up the settings from the gpos.  i did a gupdate /force and it worked immediately.

I updated from 7.15 CU0 to CU4 and i need a extra gpupdate /force

Reboot didnt help

After the gpupdate there was a additional information in the console about "Citrix Group Policy" Preferences

I think something changed inside the updates

• Like 1

Any ideas what can cause this issue? I still have the problem that in the user profile manager logfile I see the error "DispatchLogonLogoff: Updating Perfmon Logon/Logoff Counters failed". The only difference is that on the domain controller I'm using the 7.15 ADM-template not 7.15CU1.

Maybe there is a special setting in the ADM of 7.15CU1?

best regards

6 hours ago, Jacob Dixon1709152413 said:

I'm opening a case on this because honestly I'm tired of the "wipe everything out and start over" solutions. Citrix has a habit of doing that all the time. We downgraded the profile management in 7.15 CU2 because CU2 has a MAJOR bug with App Readiness and causing black screens. Their solution is to downgrade to 7.15 CU1.

Yeah it's not really sustainable.

Regarding the bug with CU2. Have you applied this https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX235399 ?

"7.15 LTSR CU2 sessions might launch as a black screen"