Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Where are all the downloads?

Adam Csintalan

Question

16 answers to this question

"The reason we've removed the 7.2 download link for Free customers from the download pages is because (future) hotfixes for it aren't available to Free customers, and hence we wanted to avoid people unwittingly deploying something that they could then not maintain." Bollocks. You did it to force free users onto 7.3 with the reduced features, in the hope of forcing them to pay. No point lying about it. Arseholes.

A lot of people are feeling your pain. Running XenServer free has pretty much become a single host offering. Anyone running a pool needs really needs to be licensed

because with the reduced feature set its pretty worthless. I hate seeing people leave and move to other products, but even though I'm licensed I have entertained the

thought myself since the forum support will be shrinking in size.

--Alan--

You really should either upgrade to 7.3 to run the free version knowing that every new release you need to 

keep upgrading, or purchase a license and go 7.1 LTSR so you get out of the forced upgrade cycle process.

Also be aware that if you choose to go with 7.3 and the free route there are new restrictions enforced.

--Alan--

Thank you for your help.

I can reach the 6.5 SP1 install ISO on the link you mentioned.

For the 7.0 when I open this page https://www.citrix.com/downloads/xenserver/product-software/xenserver-70-standard-edition.html , it says  "This content is restricted"

When I try on this page: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/xenserver/  I click on the 7.0 Standard edition, and a grey page pops up saying "

We are sorry! The item you are trying to access is restricted and requires additional permissions!"

I am logged in in both cases.

(An other strange thing, in Firefox, on the hotfix download pages the download button just links to the page itself, not to the .zip file, but it works in Internet Explorer.)

Thanks, that's clear.

But what if we have 6.5SP1 or 7.0 pools on Free edition and don't want to upgrade to 7.3?

All the install and update files were publicly available until last week (I think), but now they are restricted.

Does this mean that if we haven't already saved those files then we are screwed?

Our only option is to upgrade everything to 7.3 or pay for support?

If you're a Standard or Enterprise edition customer, you can download 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3.

If you're a Free edition customer, you can download 7.3.

If you need to get hold of the 7.2 download, see https://xenserver.org/overview-xenserver-open-source-virtualization/download-older-versions-of-xenserver.html, where I've added a link to the ISO. The reason we've removed the 7.2 download link for Free customers from the download pages is because (future) hotfixes for it aren't available to Free customers, and hence we wanted to avoid people unwittingly deploying something that they could then not maintain. Provided you're aware of that "risk", it's fine to download it.

(Note that for any of the downloads, you need to login, but you can sign up for a free account to get the downloads available to Free Edition users.)

Hope this helps!

Archived