Updated Privacy Statement

XenApp Double Machine Catalog with single delivery group

fatih baykan

Question

Hello,

I have a problem.

I have two machine catalogs, one of them is windows server,It has 4 appication.

second of them is Linux ubuntu Vda. It has one application. I am able to reach to applications on storefront address. However, When I want to open windows virtual applications, Linux application is open. If I turn on Linux machine catalog to maintenance mode, Other windows applications are able to open. 

The other problem is when I want to run Linux application, It goes to windows machine catalog IP address however I want to get this application from Linux Machine.

6 answers to this question

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/service/install-configure/delivery-groups-create.html

On this address IT says;

A Delivery Group can use machines from more than one catalog; however, those catalogs must contain the same machine types (Server OS, Desktop OS, or Remote PC Access). In other words, you cannot mix machine types in a Delivery Group. Similarly, if your deployment has catalogs of Windows machines and catalogs of Linux machines, a Delivery Group can contain machines from either OS type, but not both.

According to this information can I use  2 machine catalogs(windows and Linux) and 1 delivery group from different operating system's application on one storefront address?  I did not understand clearly.

On 2/5/2018 at 8:47 PM, fatih baykan said:

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/service/install-configure/delivery-groups-create.html

On this address IT says;

A Delivery Group can use machines from more than one catalog; however, those catalogs must contain the same machine types (Server OS, Desktop OS, or Remote PC Access). In other words, you cannot mix machine types in a Delivery Group. Similarly, if your deployment has catalogs of Windows machines and catalogs of Linux machines, a Delivery Group can contain machines from either OS type, but not both.

According to this information can I use  2 machine catalogs(windows and Linux) and 1 delivery group from different operating system's application on one storefront address?  I did not understand clearly.

@ faith baykan : yes you can use machines from different catalogs, but you cant mix different OS type in One Delivery Group.