Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenApp 7.x - Prevent Published apps from grouping with local apps in Taskbar

Phil Bossman1709154780

Question

We have an issue the Receiver or XenApp itself is grouping application ins the task bar with local applications.  We publish a number web applications from different XenApp servers, because each server may have different ActiveX\Java\Plugin requirements, so they are all different server images. 

We have not seen this issue in the past, because XenApp 6.5 does not seem to do this.  I've being using the Receiver 4.4 for some time, so I don't think it's a client issue.   If I launch a published IE (http://ourPortal/), the icon in the task bar is separate from my local IE browser.  If I launch another specialty app, (published IE (http://salesforce/ ), I get a third Icon on the taskbar.

But now, when I launch a published IE application from either 7.6 LTSR or 7.15 LTSR, it groups with my local IE window.  I've not been able to find any settings in 7.x that reference taskbar grouping. 

I did find TWITaskbarGroupingMode, but this for previous IMA, and is client side. It tested it and it sets the grouping of local apps vs published apps.  So ALL published apps are grouped together, and not grouped with local applications.

What I need (and expect) is for the grouping to respect the session it is in.  So the published application should act like an application, it should only group within that context.  Multiple launches of IE within a session should be grouped together and be separate from the multiple local IE windows

If I publish a webpage; the fact that it's IE should not matter.  The published "application" should be separate in the taskbar, and the underlying browser should not make a difference,.

If I publish a PowerShell console, it should not be grouped with the user's local console, and cause confusion.

4 answers to this question

We ran into the same issue after recently upgrading to VDA 7.15 CU2 LSTR. Reached out to Citrix and there were other tickets escalated with others reporting the same which seems to indicate a bug. However, we were able to resolve the issue by setting the SeamlessFlags = 0x3effb6 at HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Control\Citrix\wfshell\TWI.

This value will disable all seamless options except for session sharing. You can use FarmTWIHelper to enable and disable each option one by one to see which one resolves the issue, but all the options seems harmless to our user base so setting it to this value was fine for us. 

You can find what each options does here https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX101644 and download FarmTWIHelper here https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX115146

twi.png

• Like 1

I got the very same problem. We use a published Internet Explorer as a Secure Browser and since we updated from 7.15LTSR to 7.15LTSR CU1 the published IE icon is grouped together with the local IE in the taskbar.

This is very annoying and we had the same issue with an earlier VDA (can't remember the version) then it disappeared with an update and now it is back again in the LTSR CU1

I am looking for a way to change this behavior…

For me setting the following Registry Keys helped! (as described in CTX138999)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Lockdown Profiles\All Regions\Lockdown\Virtual Channels\Seamless Windows]

"TWITaskbarGroupingMode"="GroupNone"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Lockdown Profiles\All Regions\Lockdown\Virtual Channels\Seamless Windows]

"TWITaskbarGroupingMode"="GroupNone"

Ben