Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Imaging Wizard not able to connect to to PVS (54321 & 54322)

Kevin Webb1709155356

Question

I have a single Provisioning and Xendesktop Controller (v7.15) setup on VMware ESXi v6.0.0.  I have the infamous duplicate CMID issue with no Rearms left on my image so I need to create a new Win7 vDisk.  I am also looking to run a  new Win10 vDisk image so I have two golden images that both have the same error when running the Imaging Wizard.   Error is "Failed to connect to server. Verify server firewall ports (Default 54321 & 54322).

All servers are on the same subnet, Windows firewalls are disabled on both servers and the images, provisioning is streaming the existing desktops using the PXE dual NIC boot fine.  I can ping to and from the images to the provisioning server fine.  Telnet to the PVS server IP on port 54321, I get just a cursor (not sure what I should see).

Any ideas on troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Imaging Wizard Error.jpg

4 answers to this question

100% sure that both those ports are open and listening on the PVS Servers (netstat to check) and also 100% there is nothing that would be blocking those ports in between?(You mentioned telnet to 54321 - how about 54322)

You mention dual nics and streaming - worth double checking you aren't trying to connect across the wrong network - I've seen odd things with isolated PXE networks

Hi All,

I'm a Virtualization Tech apirant and so far have achieved practical handson experience in Virtual Apps and Desktops using VMWare workstation on my laptop.

I have headed to learn PVS 7.18 but I'm currently stuck with couple of issues.

1) Connecting Target device (which is installed on WIndows10 Pro VM ) to PVS Console Server isn't happening and Imaging Wizard just keeps throwing error 'Failed to connect to server. Verify server firewall ports (Default 54321 & 54322)' 

Attempts: I have ensured that port 54321 and 54322 TCP and 6890 UDP port too is given Inbound rule & outbound rule full access on both PVS server firewall and Target device firewall but still I'm receiving the same error.

image.thumb.png.1868661f305a22b3709f4323ac4dc911.png

2) Target device software failing to install on Window 7 SP1 Pro/Ultimate x64 devices.

Attempts: ensured that the window7 build has all the latest updates and but still Target device doesn't gets installed and keep throwing error and goes for rollback even when tried post couple of reboots.

image.thumb.png.40be2638e6add0e11dd24243079ab86f.png

I have only one NIC card and all of the infra(AD, SQL, PVS server, Target devices) are on the same virtual network with subnet mask 192.168.10.0

Please assist me if anything needs to be corrected here.

Thanks in advance

Ali

alitdubl@gmail.com

On 1/24/2018 at 4:11 AM, James Kindon said:

100% sure that both those ports are open and listening on the PVS Servers (netstat to check) and also 100% there is nothing that would be blocking those ports in between?(You mentioned telnet to 54321 - how about 54322)

You mention dual nics and streaming - worth double checking you aren't trying to connect across the wrong network - I've seen odd things with isolated PXE networks

On 1/24/2018 at 4:11 AM, James Kindon said:

Hi James,

Its me again. I tried to telnet from the desktop that I am trying to image to connect to the PVS server and I get the same error. I was successful tel netting to both ports.

Any other suggestions?

I know this is an old thread but I came across this recently and it turned out that my SPNs for the PVS server were incorrect. The target had an error in the event log stating that the kerberos connection was using an incorrect SPN. I had to rejoin the PVS server to the domain to resolve as I did not want to go hunting for the incorrect SPN assigned to the server in AD.