Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Trouble with Machine Catalog for MCS

Damian Thompson1709153708

Question

Hi,

I am fairly new to XenApp 7.x in terms of provisioning.

I have my Delivery Controller on a VSphere 5.5 with a hosting connector to a VMware 6.0 VSphere where I want to deploy new XenAPP servers.

I have moved my Gold Build Server to the new VSphere.

I am using Citrix Xenapp 7.13

I have created the Hosting connector and now attempt to create the machine catalogue.

I select Server OS as my Gold Build has Windows 2012 and I have the VDA V7.13 installed.

On the next screen I select "Machines that are power managed" and deploy machines using MCS

When I click next, on the next screen it says expanding but I am just presented with a blank screen.

Our VMware is managed by a 3rd party but I am assured the permissions have been set as per Citrix Documentation

The strange thing is that, if I go back and choose "Another Service or Technology" for  deployment and on the next screen click "Add VM's" it does show me my VMware connection and allows me to drill down to the container where the VM is but doesn't show the VM itself.

I have checked and do have the Storage selected where the Gold Build Server is located.

Any ideas please as I am struggling with this one!

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Hello,

Has anyone found a solution to this? I am having the exact same issue on 1912 LTSR with VMware 6.7. 

After selecting "Multi-session OS" to create a machine catalog, on the next screen I select "Machines that are power managed" and deploy machines using MCS

When I click next, on the next screen it says expanding but I am just presented with a blank screen.

I can, however, see the VMs if I choose "Another Service or Technology" for  deployment and on the next screen click "Add VM's"