Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Subscriptions Replication same site different server group

Minesh Mistry

Am a little bit stuck and was wonder if you can help me.

I have two different storefront server group on the same Site/Farm (sharing a single database). I would like to sync Favorites/Subscriptions between the the 2 groups

I have followed http://www.carlstalhood.com/storefront-subscriptions/ > Multi-datacenter – Favorites/Subscriptions Replication

Checked Citrix delivery services event log. it saying it working "Synchronisation with remote StoreFront subscription stores completed." but the Favorites are not syncing.

Is this is guide for 2 separates farms?

Info:

Group SiteA Store called Main

SiteA-SF01 (Storefront server)

SiteA-SF02 (Storefront server)

Group SiteB Store called Main too

SiteB-SF01

SiteB-SF01

URL for both groups are https://storefront.domain.local

XenApp/Desktop 7.16

Regrads

Thanks in advance 

Before each storefront group had it own local site Controllers 

e.g.  SiteA had SiteA-CC0 1/02 and SiteB had SiteB-CC01/02. I've set storefront to have access to all Controllers 

I've followed your link. exported (SiteA) and imported in to SiteB storefront server group. Favourites have been copied. but any new Favourites added are not being update between the groups.. any other ideas?

regards, 

Mmm 

I might of figured out  whats was wrong. I entered this command to re-sync new subscriptions every 30min. But It seems to stop running at midnight

Add-DSSubscriptionsSyncReoccuringSchedule -scheduleName scheduleOnSiteB -startTime 17:00:00 -repeatMinutes 30

Have i miss out someone out what stops it at midnight? missing part of the command maybe?

regards,

Minesh Mistry 

I found out why store group were not syncing. I used an ip. Not FQDN 

Add-DSSubscriptionsRemoteSyncCluster -clusterName SiteA -clusterAddress xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - dont work

Add-DSSubscriptionsRemoteSyncCluster -clusterName SiteA -clusterAddress servername.domain.local or load balance FQDN VIP  - should work

I still need ti check if Reoccuring Schedule works after midnight 

The DSSubscriptionsSyncReoccuringSchedule command seem to stop working after 12pm - Might of found a bug

can anyone confirm?

more information:

I have two different storefront server group on the same Site/Farm (sharing a single database).  at 12pm replication stop and does not run again 

5 hours ago, Minesh Mistry said:

The DSSubscriptionsSyncReoccuringSchedule command seem to stop working after 12pm - Might of found a bug

can anyone confirm?

more information:

I have two different storefront server group on the same Site/Farm (sharing a single database).  at 12pm replication stop and does not run again 

I have noticed this too with SF 3.12.  Does the replication pick back up at 17:00 every day?  If so, maybe change your sync to start at midnight (00:00) and run every 30 minutes... and see if that works.  I am about to do that myself.

40 minutes ago, Glenn Dowling1709151535 said:

I have noticed this too with SF 3.12.  Does the replication pick back up at 17:00 every day?  If so, maybe change your sync to start at midnight (00:00) and run every 30 minutes... and see if that works.  I am about to do that myself.

I'll test it. and let you know

Got it working by starting the sync after 1AM

Add-DSSubscriptionsSyncReoccuringSchedule -scheduleName scheduleOnSiteB -startTime 01:00:00 -repeatMinutes 30

Notes:

In StoreFront console the delivery controllers group name needs to be same for both server groups. (Select your store > Manage delivery controllers > Edit > Display name)

Each delivery controllers group only has they local controllers

Also got it working over Netscaler LB for both groups (Via FQDN again not the IP)

Info:

Group SiteA Store called "Main"

SiteA-SF01 (Storefront server)

SiteA-SF02 (Storefront server)

Delivery controllers group called "Controllers" 

SiteA-CC01 (Citrix controllers)

SiteA-CC02 (Citrix controllers)

Group SiteB Store called Main too

SiteB-SF01 (Storefront server)

SiteB-SF01 (Storefront server)

Delivery controllers group called "Controllers"  same as Site A

SiteB-CC01 (Citrix controllers)

SiteB-CC02 (Citrix controllers)

URL for both groups are https://storefront.domain.local

XenApp/Desktop 7.16

• 1 year later...

Hi Minesh

Replication should be according to whatever schedule has been defined.  Here is an example of how to do this with the -STF commandlets and I strongly recommend you move away from the deprecated -DS SDK as soon as possible.  I can assist you with using the new -STF commandlets if needed.  I am working on the necessary doc updates to StoreFront edocs to make sure customers can follow this easily.  Here is an example script which I know works.  The basic steps outlined in the CTX articles you were following are still accurate.  If you wish to check your LB configuration please refer to this https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/current-release/integrate-with-citrix-gateway-and-citrix-adc/load-balancing-with-citrix-gateway.html which is still relevant.

# Run on UK Server Group to pull from US Server Group
# Run another copy of this on US Server Group to pull from UK Server Group changing the LB FQDN

$Domain = "example.com"
$ServerGroupName = "StoreFrontUS"
# Should resolve to the LB-vServer with port 808 bound to it.
$LoadBalancerFQDN = "https://storefrontUS.example.com"
# Must match Store name at other sites
$StoreName = "Store"
$RepeatMins = 30

function Add-SyncSchedule()
{
   [CmdletBinding()]
   Param([Parameter(Mandatory="True")][string]$StoreName,
         [Parameter(Mandatory="True")][string]$ServerGroupName,
         [Parameter(Mandatory="True")][string]$LoadBalancerFQDN,
         [Parameter(Mandatory="True")][int]$RepeatMinutes)    

Add-STFSubscriptionSynchronizationSchedule -StartTime (Get-Date -Format t) `
                                               -RepeatMinutes $RepeatMinutes

$StoreObject = Get-STFStoreService -SiteID 1 -VirtualPath "/Citrix/$StoreName"
    Add-STFSubscriptionSynchronizationSource -FriendlyName $ServerGroupName `
                                             -StoreService $StoreObject `
                                             -RemoteStoreFrontAddress $LoadBalancerFQDN                                             
}

Add-SyncSchedule -StoreName $StoreName -ServerGroupName $ServerGroupName -LoadBalancerFQDN $LoadBalancerFQDN -RepeatMinutes $RepeatMins

# Returns a list of scheduled syncs
Get-STFSubscriptionSynchronizationSchedule
Get-STFSubscriptionSynchronizationSource