Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Xenserver Console Configuration empty

Bernhard Mackert

Question

Hi,

my slave shows on the direct console the configuration menu, but the Status Display prints out no version (<Unknown> <Unknown>) and no network interfaces and no storage and no VMs.

I have a pool of two xenserver 7.2 with ha-lizard working. X1 and X1 are managed by XenCenter and all seems OK. I can log in via SSh and everything works, but the direct ConsoleMenu.

I cannot say, when this went wrong, but in fact, I don´t have a current issue regarding functions on the slave.

It´s just - I don´t know if the system is reliable in an emergency case because the direct console is useless. I tried the emergency network reset without success. Also the xe pool-recover-slaves.

I can remember I changed the network card (DELL R730) from 4x1G to 2x10G+2x2G and moved Management Interface from xenbr0 to xenbr4 some weeks ago.

As said, all works fine with exception of the direct "emergency console".

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Bernhard

5 answers to this question

I think there are some bugs regarding the display of the network configuration in XSConsole. As long as you can connect with XenCenter, ssh works, and VM's seem ok I wouldn't worry about it too much. You could try closing xsconsole and relaunching it. But if it still says unknown just right it off as a bug.

--Alan--

• Like 1

That´s it. If I start xsconsole on a ssh session, it works like a charm.

It is just the "real" console that got the issue. OK, that may be irritating, but if you know, you have to start a second one, I can live with that.

Maybe someone has an idea to get that right too. It would be nice :-)

Thanks alot!

Bernhard