Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Limit one desktop instance per user and disable auto-reconnect of active sessions?

Mayur Patel1709153755

Question

I am doing a PoC for a call center (Non Persistent MCS) Win7 VDI using XD7.6 LTSR CU1.  Generic user accounts are in use because they are linked to the desk ID. 

Hence, I would like to stop another user snatching someone else's VDI session by mistake. I can achieve this by setting the below Posh command on the Delivery Controller.

Set-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule  <Delivery Group Name> -SessionReconnection  <Value> “SameEndpointOnly” but from what I gather this setting just disable session roaming which is great it stops someone from snatching someones VDI session in the middle of a call.

1desktopperuser.thumb.PNG.2311cec611fd7512dba27c84138f0b06.PNG

But despite setting 1 desktop per user in the Delivery Group user properties. Someone can still logon using the same user ID and they will get a new VDI session i.e. running two VDI desktops with the same user ID.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? I only want one user to be able to have an active VDI session at any given time and disable reconnecting from another endpoint device.

In effect I would like to be able to Limit one desktop instance per user.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question