Welcome to our new Citrix community!

User get 'Access denied'

Maximilian Marx

Question

Hey you guys,

I'm using XenApp 7.15 the trial version.

I virtualized a few applications and my account can run them without problems (domain admin). I selected the option that "Every authenticated user can use this delivery group.". In the Delivery Group editing menue.

However, if one user of our domain (not a domain admin) wants to run i.e. Firefox, he just gets an error "Access denied".

I honestly don't know why this is happenning and appreciate all of your help!

Thank you very much! :)

13 answers to this question

Does Receiver open and try to connect to the application? Do you have Microsoft RDS and Citrix licensing properly configured? Are users added to the Remote Desktop Users group on the VDA?

Or is this error shown in the StoreFront web page? In that case, StoreFront Server > Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Citrix Delivery Services might show an error.

14 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Does Receiver open and try to connect to the application?

Yes, it does. It loads about half way through and then all of the sudden a small window opens with this error.

Do you have Microsoft RDS and Citrix licensing properly configured?

Yup, RDS is still the demo of about 110 days left. And I currently use the Citrix trial.

Are users added to the Remote Desktop Users group on the VDA?

Do you mean within the delivery group? If so, yes! :) Or do you mean the groups created by microsoft?

Or is this error shown in the StoreFront web page? In that case, StoreFront Server > Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Citrix Delivery Services might show an error.

Yes the error happens after clicking on an application within the StoreFront Webinterface.

The user who tried it is unfortunately not here anymore. I'll try it again tomorrow if there are any new hints :)

Thank you so much for helping. Wish you all a nice evening!

Greetings

Hi Marx,

Could you please try to take RDP of the VDA  with the same user ID and see if it is working fine for him.

Also check what Carl suggested to check for Remote Desktop User group.

Start -> Run prompt -> Type "Lusrmgr.msc" -> On the left pane you will find Groups. In the groups you get "Remote Desktop User" group. Add this user in this group and try again.

Regards,

Quaseem

@Quaseem Siddiqi1709158834 and 

14 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

The Event Viewer on the VDA machine might provide more detail.

You can also run procmon on the VDA while the user is attempting to launch the app, and then search for "Denied" results.

(Sorry I cannot find your name with the "@" :) )

Guys, you are totally right. It HAS to be that they cannot connect via RDP and that's why they cannot launch applications. I'll check that out as soon as I'm at work. I'll post the results! Oh gosh I'm so happy it has to be that!

Greetings! :)

Hello,

is it me you're looking for?
I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile.. uhh sorry. It's way too early.

Sooo new UPDATES. With the Group "RDP User" it still won't work. It only works if you put them into the local administrator group. But.. that's a bit, well. Let's say I'd like to avoid that lol.

Anything else I can do?

If the session fails, the Eventmanager shows the following:

BrokerSessionStartFailed event

Protocol name: Citrix-XenDesktop-BrokerMonitor/Operational

Category: Session Lifecycle events

Event-ID: 45

Greetings! :)

On 24.11.2017 at 2:00 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

There is a "User Right" called Allow log on through Remote Desktop Services. Make it contains Administrators and Remote Desktop Users.

Also make sure your users are the local Users group.

Hey Carl,

thanks for the quick reply.
I tried the following now:

1. The user is part of the Delivery Group

2. He is in the following groups: Users, Remote-Desktop-Users, Direct-Access Users

3. Local GPO -> Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Settings/Delegate User Rights/Log in via Remote-Desktop-Services

But he unfortunately still cannot start published applications. Except if he's member of the administrator group :(

*Edit:  Could possibly some GPO mess with that? I cannot find anyone who had a similar problem. Would it be the best if I remove any GPOs which affect the server to check if that will work?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Do you see any Licensing errors in Event Viewer? Is Licensing set to Per User, and not Per Device? Did you build a RDS Licensing Server and configure the RDSH to point to it?

Hey Carl,

no. I see no error at all. Licensing is set to XenDesktop -> User/Devices. Should I do XenApp -> Concurrent?

If not, I will accept the status as it is.

Greetings

Archived