Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Enryption error while using Secure Web, Secure Notes, Secure Tasks and QuickEdit "This device doesn't support encryption features required by this application" on ChromeBook

Team Core Ops

Question

Are the XenMobile-apps Secure Web, Secure Notes, Secure Tasks and QuickEdit compatible with Chromebook devices? When trying to setup Secure Web, Secure Notes, Secure Tasks and QuickEdit, It shows error that "This device doesn't support encryption features required by this application" even after encrypting the device. Secure Mail and ShareFile are working just fine on a Chromebook.

Screenshot 2017-11-15 at 09.04.12.png

Screenshot 2017-11-15 at 09.02.36.png

Screenshot 2017-11-15 at 09.01.19.png

Screenshot 2017-11-15 at 08.57.11.png

5 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, Nicolas Lemaire1709156305 said:

Chromebooks are not yet supported by XenMobile, so it is expected that you face issues trying to use our apps.

Thanks

-Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your answer! Can you maybe tell me where to keep track of the status?

Kind regards,

Hendrik Bangma.

Is there an update on this issue ? Chromebooks have matured significantly and they are a great way to DO WORK. I can get Citrix Secure Hub and Mail on my Android device. Is there not some way that Citrix can work with Google/Android to provide a standardized "encrytped" storage system within Chrome OS, so that Chromebooks (which have nice large screens as well as nice large keyboards) could be used for working with Secure Mail ?

Seems like CItrix is missing the boat on an excellent opportunity for their customers.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff