Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM Licensing Use on Endpoint Devices

Brian Mooney1709157652

Question

Trying to determine if WEM agents can be used on physical devices i.e. laptops an desktops that access Citrix. Our users access Citrix via these end user devices and I would like to create the same look and feel as Citrix XenApp connections as on their local devices. For example if a user is logged into Citrix their Home Drive is mapped with WEM as H:\ and if the agent were installed on the device it would do the same. Otherwise we have to use GPO's or some other form of management. 

I have tested this and it does work. However, I have been told that there is no official Citrix licensing rule for this as of now. I have spoken to Andrew Cresswell and Joe Nord of Citrix and they have indicated the following. " If they are per user/device they are covered for that number of devices regardless of type. I.e. Connecting from a physical with WEM to a VDA with WEM would be a single license." 

But I need more clarification on this statement. 

1 answer to this question

Brian, looks like you can if you have premium licenses.

"If you license Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Premium Edition, you may use the WEM component to support physical desktops which are not part of a VDA deployment in addition to your VDA deployment, but total usage of WEM may not exceed total licenses purchased."

https://www.citrix.com/buy/licensing/product.html 

Regards,

Glenn