Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Error adding App-V package to XenApp/XenDesktop 7.15 - Error 944AD0CE

Michael Kasiske

Question

I'm getting the following error when trying to add a package for a specific package.  Haven't had issues with other packages.  The package is able to run on server without issues so this appears to be related to Citrix Studio and not the App-V package.  

Anyone know what this error means:
New-AppLibAppVPackage : An exception occurred.  The associated message was Sequence contains more than one matching element

Full Error Details:
Error Id: XDDS:944AD0CE

Exception:
    Citrix.Console.Models.Exceptions.ScriptException One or more of the selected packages could not be imported into the Application Library. Please review the details for more information
       at Citrix.Console.PowerShellSdk.AppVService.Scripts.AddAppLibraryAppVPackagesScript.RunScript()
       at Citrix.Console.PowerShellInteraction.PowerShellScript`1.Run()
       at Citrix.Console.Common.OperationTimer.TimeBlock(Action operation)
       at Citrix.Console.CommonControls.ProgressDisplay.GenericProgressOperationWithFeedBack.PerformOperationInternal()
       at Citrix.Console.CommonControls.ProgressDisplay.ProgressWindowOperation.PerformOperation()
       at Citrix.Console.CommonControls.ProgressDisplay.ProgressWindowViewModel.PerformAction(Action operationComplete)

DesktopStudio_ErrorId : AppVPackageImportError
    GP.FiberOps.DEV.001_2.appv : An exception occurred.  The associated message was Sequence contains more than one matching element
    ErrorCategory : NotSpecified
    DesktopStudio_PowerShellHistory : Add AppLication Library App-V Package 'GP.FiberOps.DEV.001_2.appv'
    10/5/2017 8:15:28 AM

Get-LogSite  -AdminAddress "SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.COM:80"
    Start-LogHighLevelOperation  -AdminAddress "SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.COM:80" -Source "Studio" -StartTime "10/5/2017 1:15:25 PM" -Text "Add AppLication Library App-V Package `'GP.FiberOps.DEV.001_2.appv`'"
    Get-AppLibLibrary  -AdminAddress "SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.COM:80" -MaxRecordCount 2147483647
    New-AppLibAppVPackage  -AdminAddress "SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.COM:80" -LibraryUid 1 -LoggingId "d3640947-d045-44ff-91b7-1cc3560325c1" -Path "\\SERVERNAME\App-V_Packages\GP.FiberOps.DEV.001\GP.FiberOps.DEV.001_2.appv"
    New-AppLibAppVPackage : An exception occurred.  The associated message was Sequence contains more than one matching element
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [New-AppLibAppVPackage], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Citrix.XDPowerShell.Status.ExceptionThrown,Citrix.AppLibrary.Sdk.Commands.NewAppLibAppVPackageCommand
    Stop-LogHighLevelOperation  -AdminAddress "SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.COM:80" -EndTime "10/5/2017 1:15:27 PM" -HighLevelOperationId "d3640947-d045-44ff-91b7-1cc3560325c1" -IsSuccessful $False

7 answers to this question

Single admin mode.  The share's permissions are set to everyone 'read' and 'full control' for myself, and I'm importing the package.   We also have other application on the same share that imported fine.  Also the error doesn't state anything about permissions but something to do with matching elements, so I don't think this is related to permissions. 

I'm able to add the package to the server and publish the application though Citrix without issues,  it just wont allow me to add the package to the App-V publishing section in Studio.